cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why haven't I received an email from Discover after approval?

tag
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Why haven't I received an email from Discover after approval?

I keep reading on this board that many of you receive an email with tracking when the card has been sent after approval, however, I have not received anything.  Could it be because this is my first card with Discover?  I would really like to know when the card has been sent and when I should expect it.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why haven't I received an email from Discover after approval?

Typically the cards come 7 to 10 days after opening/requesting a new card (at least in my experience), although they have come quicker. Maybe the email went in to your spam folder? You could also hop on chat or give them a call to see if it has been sent yet!

Message 2 of 33
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Typically the cards come 7 to 10 days after opening/requesting a new card (at least in my experience), although they have come quicker. Maybe the email went in to your spam folder? You could also hop on chat or give them a call to see if it has been sent yet!

I have checked my spam folder mulitple times LOL.  I thought about calling them but I already called once after approval to find out if the card could be expedited so I don't really want to bother them again.  I'll just be patient.

Message 3 of 33
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I received an email that they mailed the card about a week after I activated it.  

Such is life with Disco...

Message 4 of 33
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Remedioswrote:

I received an email that they mailed the card about a week after I activated it.  

Such is life with Disco...

That's good to know.  I was starting to think I had dreamed it all so I keep checking the application status to verify that it is real. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 33
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

@A1Creditwrote:

I keep reading on this board that many of you receive an email with tracking when the card has been sent after approval, however, I have not received anything.  Could it be because this is my first card with Discover?  I would really like to know when the card has been sent and when I should expect it.

I was recently approved for a Discover IT and also didnt receive any sort of email confirmation upon approval. I called them up like 4 days later inquiring about that and also mentioned that their application status page on their website was giving me an error as well. The rep apollogized for that and assured me that my card was shipped out the day before and she provided me with a tracking number and even offered to expedite a second card via FedEx, which arrived the following day (2 days before my 1st card). Discover's customer service is top notch so far.

Message 6 of 33
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Manonfirewrote:

@A1Creditwrote:

I was recently approved for a Discover IT and also didnt receive any sort of email confirmation upon approval. I called them up like 4 days later inquiring about that and also mentioned that their application status page on their website was giving me an error as well. The rep apollogized for that and assured me that my card was shipped out the day before and she provided me with a tracking number and even offered to expedite a second card via FedEx, which arrived the following day (2 days before my 1st card). Discover's customer service is top notch so far.

Thank you for sharing your experience.  I guess I will go ahead and give them a call to inquire about the status.  I would really like to know when to expect it.

Message 7 of 33
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

@A1Creditwrote:

@Manonfirewrote:

@A1Creditwrote:

Thank you for sharing your experience.  I guess I will go ahead and give them a call to inquire about the status.  I would really like to know when to expect it.

No problem A1, i believe i may have shared my experience in your approval thread but in any case, Discover card deliveries seem to be spot on (5-7 days).

Message 8 of 33
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Manonfirewrote:

@A1Creditwrote:

@Manonfirewrote:

@A1Creditwrote:

No problem A1, i believe i may have shared my experience in your approval thread but in any case, Discover card deliveries seem to be spot on (5-7 days).

You may have and I appreciate the insight.  The 5-7 days would be business days I assume so I am just trying to count it out.

Message 9 of 33
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@smc4getnot & @manonfire thanks to your responses I called in and was told that my card will be shipped out today.  Unfortunately, they will not be able to provide me with tracking unless I call back tomorrow but was told I should receive it later this week.

Thanks to all who chimed in to give a response or shared their experience. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.