cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why haven't I received an email from Discover after approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why haven't I received an email from Discover after approval?

I received an email a week after i applied and was approved for the card. Even their email alerts can take 1-2 days to arrive lol.

Message 11 of 33
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I received an email a week after i applied and was approved for the card. Even their email alerts can take 1-2 days to arrive lol.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy That's funny! 

I can't wait until this card is in my hands!  I used to read about the approvals from others on this board and only wish.  It is truly one of my goal cards and it feels good to acheive what I have worked so hard for in my rebuild.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 12 of 33
joltdude
Senior Contributor

DIscover and emails...

other than bills normal account maintenence related emails can be slow/lagged...  For instance CLIs and such... it usually takes effect before you get the email.... unsecuring.. you can see it on your account before you get the email in 4-5 days... You will get the email but its usually takes a few days... 

-J

Message 13 of 33
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

@A1Creditwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

I can't wait until this card is in my hands!  I used to read about the approvals from others on this board and only wish.  It is truly one of my goal cards and it feels good to acheive what I have worked so hard for in my rebuild.

Dont blame you....the card feels great in hand, nice brushed feel to it. I know everyone raves about the packaging, but mine was a real plain white cardboard folder case. Not at all like the other ones Discover had in years past. Not a big deal of course.

Message 14 of 33
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Manonfirewrote:

@A1Creditwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Dont blame you....the card feels great in hand, nice brushed feel to it. I know everyone raves about the packaging, but mine was a real plain white cardboard folder case. Not at all like the other ones Discover had in years past. Not a big deal of course.

Aww dang!  I was looking forward to this fancy packaging that would contain the long awaited card.  Smiley Sad

Would you mind taking the time to explain how the rotating catergories cash back works?  Do I have to enroll in the cash back feature before I start earning or are my purchases at the grocery store/gas station automatically applied?  I thought I read where someone was upset because they had to enroll in something before they earned the cash back for their purchases.  I don't want to mess up my first year double cash back perk.

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a discover it card last week and got NO email telling me anything after we were approved! I kept checking the website thinking they recanted lol! It did not go to spam, there was NO email. The day I got my card in the mail, we got an email saying 3-5 days for the card to arrive... and it arrived an hour later. Very odd set up lol

Message 16 of 33
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I got a discover it card last week and got NO email telling me anything after we were approved! I kept checking the website thinking they recanted lol! It did not go to spam, there was NO email. The day I got my card in the mail, we got an email saying 3-5 days for the card to arrive... and it arrived an hour later. Very odd set up lol

This thread is taking a rather humorous turn with everyone sharing their experience with Discover.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@A1Creditwrote:

@Manonfirewrote:

@A1Creditwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Aww dang!  I was looking forward to this fancy packaging that would contain the long awaited card.  Smiley Sad

Would you mind taking the time to explain how the rotating catergories cash back works?  Do I have to enroll in the cash back feature before I start earning or are my purchases at the grocery store/gas station automatically applied?  I thought I read where someone was upset because they had to enroll in something before they earned the cash back for their purchases.  I don't want to mess up my first year double cash back perk.

Yeah you have to enroll for each quarter. It's not like it's hidden or anything you just have to do it. You usually can activate next quarter's category about 3 months in advance. When you activate the card and log in to your account you'll find 5% cashsback page click activate and you're done for the quarter.

Message 18 of 33
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@A1Creditwrote:

@Manonfirewrote:

@A1Creditwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Yeah you have to enroll for each quarter. It's not like it's hidden or anything you just have to do it. You usually can activate next quarter's category about 3 months in advance. When you activate the card and log in to your account you'll find 5% cashsback page click activate and you're done for the quarter.

Thanks!  Sounds do-able.  I'll just set my calendar for reminders.

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't remember any email nor tracking number, but mine was sent regular snail mail.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.