Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Citi being difficult?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is Citi being difficult?

Applied for the HHonors Visa Signature platinum.  EQ 784, EX FAKO 760, TU 765.  Utilization is reporting as 13% (but I carry no balance, those are just statement-ending numbers).  Have the following history:

- Open HHonors AMEX card ($7500 CL) I've had for 7 years with no late payments.

- Open BoA Visa ($2900 CL) I've had for 6 years with no late payments.

- Open Kohl's charge ($1000 CL) I've had for 10 months with no late payments.

- Fixed rate mortgage I opened in May of last year.  No late payments, actually have paid several thousand in additional principal.

- Closed student Visa from a local credit union (open 2002, closed 2006)

- Closed car loan from 2007, paid in full.

- Closed student loan from 2006, paid in full.

I have 0 negative items on my report, and the only hard pulls from the last 2 years are 2 from when I was mortgage shopping, and 1 for the Kohl's charge.  My income is $100k+, I have had the same employer for the last 4 years.

I got rejected for this card because of insufficient account history.  They of course pulled my EX, which is the lowest score I have (but still is relatively high).  Is Citi just being difficult here or is there something lacking in my credit profile?  I want this card because I want something that will earn me HHonors points when the AMEX isn't accepted.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why is Citi being difficult?

No read my post they closed my account because of too many recent new accounts THAT WERE FRADUENTLY OPENED....sending a recon letter hope it works

Message 2 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied for the HHonors Visa Signature platinum.  EQ 784, EX FAKO 760, TU 765.  Utilization is reporting as 13% (but I carry no balance, those are just statement-ending numbers).  Have the following history:

- Open HHonors AMEX card ($7500 CL) I've had for 7 years with no late payments.

- Open BoA Visa ($2900 CL) I've had for 6 years with no late payments.

- Open Kohl's charge ($1000 CL) I've had for 10 months with no late payments.

- Fixed rate mortgage I opened in May of last year.  No late payments, actually have paid several thousand in additional principal.

- Closed student Visa from a local credit union (open 2002, closed 2006)

- Closed car loan from 2007, paid in full.

- Closed student loan from 2006, paid in full.

I have 0 negative items on my report, and the only hard pulls from the last 2 years are 2 from when I was mortgage shopping, and 1 for the Kohl's charge.  My income is $100k+, I have had the same employer for the last 4 years.

I got rejected for this card because of insufficient account history.  They of course pulled my EX, which is the lowest score I have (but still is relatively high).  Is Citi just being difficult here or is there something lacking in my credit profile?  I want this card because I want something that will earn me HHonors points when the AMEX isn't accepted.

This does seem odd given your scores and credit profile. Are all three of your reports reporting the same info? If not, is there something on your EX report that is not on your other two reports? 

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only difference between the three reports is that the EX report has more hard inquiries (the three I mentioned, plus now the Citi inquiry and what I believe is a soft inquiry from Verizon).  TU and EQ only report the mortgage inquiries.

I've submitted a recon via planet feedback, let's see if that goes anywhere.

Message 4 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I've submitted a recon via planet feedback, let's see if that goes anywhere.

That sounds like a good plan.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to use that website for Citi and Barclays does it work?

Message 6 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I was going to use that website for Citi and Barclays does it work?

Yes, it does sometimes. Planetfeedback is also helpful in having late payments removed from credit reports.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome I think i am going to send my recon letters VIA that site in addition to my formal letters i am sending tomorrow...Anything i should know on what to say in them? For planetfeedback that is, and has it been successful with Citibank recon and Barclays?

Message 8 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know about Barclays, but it has worked with CITI. As for your letter, focus on how the CCCs would benefit from doing business with you. They care about themselves, NOT us. Be honest and to the point. As always, your mileage may vary, but good luck.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do thanks, ill post a thread of the outcome

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.