Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Disco so slow to post?

tag
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

Re: Why is Disco so slow to post?

The charges do post slowly, but Discover is fast to post payments, in my experience. For example, if I schedule a payment before 12pm on a weekday, it will be posted at midnight and the credit is available at about 2am. I became very familiar with all this while my card was secured and had a very small limit hahaha. Now I am starting to get into AZEO, so the charges posting slowly is more of a concern.

Message 11 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never really paid attention honestly. 

Message 12 of 40
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Me either 😁

Message 13 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, I don't really micromange my accounts to that level. I let everything take its natural course, and pay them when the statement closes. That is after all the point of CC, otherwise why not just use a debit card if you're gonna pay them back that soon. lol

Now if a person it trying to stay under a certain utilization threshold, juts pay it before it closes. But paying charges as soon as they post, this isn't the Amex app.

Message 14 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Same here, I don't really micromange my accounts to that level. I let everything take its natural course, and pay them when the statement closes. That is after all the point of CC, otherwise why not just use a debit card if you're gonna pay them back that soon. lol

Now if a person it trying to stay under a certain utilization threshold, juts pay it before it closes. But paying charges as soon as they post, this isn't the Amex app.

I don't pay attention either. The Dairy Queen thing alerted me to it. Next time I get a text alert from DISCOVER 7 days after purchase, I won't flinch.

Message 15 of 40
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

I think it's just a rebuilding thing. Following bk I didn't have cards with limits over 2500 until my recent Discover in December of last year. My spend per month could easily be 2k+, so I just got in the habit of PIF every paycheck. I noticed that I'd often have pending charges that were older than I would have expected. Once you have a card that can support your regular use without even closing in on 10% of the total limit you obviously don't need to micromanage at that level anymore.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 16 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't pay attention either. The Dairy Queen thing alerted me to it. Next time I get a text alert from DISCOVER 7 days after purchase, I won't flinch.

I've never had that happen before for sure. Disco alerts me the second a transaction goes pending. They're actually faster than Capital One who is delayed a few minutes at times. 

Message 17 of 40
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Says the person who checks everything 10 times a daySmiley Wink

Message 18 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Says the person who checks everything 10 times a daySmiley Wink

I check balances but either I don't use my Discover cards enough to notice these delays or they aren't happening to me. 

Message 19 of 40
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

The issue is transactions moving from pending to posted, not from happening to pending - that seems to happen pretty fast in my experience.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.