Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Disco so slow to post?

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Why is Disco so slow to post?

It's been a while since I used it, but I found them to be painfully slow to post pending charges unless it's really close to statement closing. Then...not so slow
Message 31 of 40
CivalV
Established Contributor

Chase beats all of my lenders. I can pay $1000 right now and in less than 8 minutes it will be available for use. INSANE

Capital One comes in second place. If I made a payment now it would show on my account in less than 15 minutes depending when I made the payment.

Discover is the slowest & I’ve stopped using it tbh. I am going to pay the remaining balance and just run small bills like Apple music etc.

Message 32 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

logged in this morning to my account and now noticing that i made a couple charges this past saturday (1/18) and charges are still pending on the account today. haha

Message 33 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

To add slowness to injury, I paid my bill in full, using part of the payment from my rewards balance. The next day, the payment posts, except for the cash rewards portion, that takes another day to post.

Message 34 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:
It's been a while since I used it, but I found them to be painfully slow to post pending charges unless it's really close to statement closing. Then...not so slow

Interesting you mentioned this! More than once I thought how did that transaction get through and posted? Now I know it was not a figment of my imagination Smiley Sad

Message 35 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Interesting you mentioned this! More than once I thought how did that transaction get through and posted? Now I know it was not a figment of my imagination Smiley Sad

No surprise. Minimize float when they can. Amex posts charges the same day as your closing date. I put a larger charge once on my closing date, and when my statement generated, there it was. No float. It happened on a small charge too.

Message 36 of 40
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

US Bank is the same way, charges pending forever plus two weeks

Miraculously, charges made a day or two before statement closes always post in time for closing. 

Message 37 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

US Bank is the same way, charges pending forever plus two weeks

Miraculously, charges made a day or two before statement closes always post in time for closing. 

Banks like float just as much as we do. And I bet they notice, just like we do, when they get shortchanged with it. I wonder if they track whether you pay closer to the due date or closer to the statement date lol. They prefer to be slow but prefer us to be fast. But we won't go there, it didn't go over well last time lol.

Message 38 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd actually call Discover fast at posting transactions.

I had to purchase a transit pass at Walgreens for January rides.  A Dec 31 4pm PT transaction posted on Dec 31, but didn't show until Jan 2.  A check on Jan 1 didn't show the action, so I thought I was good for the category spend.  If it had posted on Jan 1, I'd have gotten 5% back on that pass.

Message 39 of 40
Tomatoshadow2
New Contributor

It usually depends on when the merchant collects the funds from the issuer.

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.