Why is Disco so slow to post?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why is Disco so slow to post?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Same here, I don't really micromange my accounts to that level. I let everything take its natural course, and pay them when the statement closes. That is after all the point of CC, otherwise why not just use a debit card if you're gonna pay them back that soon. lol

Now if a person it trying to stay under a certain utilization threshold, juts pay it before it closes. But paying charges as soon as they post, this isn't the Amex app.

I don't pay attention either. The Dairy Queen thing alerted me to it. Next time I get a text alert from DISCOVER 7 days after purchase, I won't flinch.

I've never had that happen before for sure. Disco alerts me the second a transaction goes pending. They're actually faster than Capital One who is delayed a few minutes at times. 

Neither to me. The texts are usually instantaneous. The charge was pending for 7 days. The CSR asked if I went to dairy queen 7 days ago and I said no.  Then I said to be sure, let me check Google Maps timeline,  and there it was and I remembered.

Message 21 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed certain transactions definitely take a long time on my Discover compared to when purchased with literally any other card I have.  Hotel holds and restaurants that have the chance to change total due to tips, are definitely the longest.  I keep a spreadsheet record of everything and a hotel hold can take upwards of 2 weeks to release and it stops showing as pending after 5 (I believe?) days.  Any Visa/MC branded one and the hold is released 48-72 hours after check out.  Mean while, some charges seemingly post the next business day.  

Either way, best 24x7 US based customer support I've personally dealt with.

Message 22 of 40
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I dont find checking when my charges post as micromanaging, i call it being vigilante about my credit.
Message 23 of 40
JNA1
Valued Contributor

^^^Agreed!

And truly, maybe it even is micromanaging, but I check my credit report and balances on all cards (and debit cards) daily. It’s just part of my routine. I caught a $155 charge on my debit card a few weeks before Christmas the day it showed up. It was still pending when I saw it, and by the time we called the bank, another 20 something dollar charge had come through.

I’ll admit that I absolutely do micromanage the PPMC multiple times daily because the dang lack of notifications.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 24 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you're saying that your memory doesn't go past 7 days? Smiley LOL

Message 25 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So you're saying that your memory doesn't go past 7 days? Smiley LOL

Not for that type of transaction. 

Message 26 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've noticed certain transactions definitely take a long time on my Discover compared to when purchased with literally any other card I have.  Hotel holds and restaurants that have the chance to change total due to tips, are definitely the longest.  I keep a spreadsheet record of everything and a hotel hold can take upwards of 2 weeks to release and it stops showing as pending after 5 (I believe?) days.  Any Visa/MC branded one and the hold is released 48-72 hours after check out.  Mean while, some charges seemingly post the next business day.  

Either way, best 24x7 US based customer support I've personally dealt with.

On the other hand, Amex sometimes posts in the same day. It happens on the statement close date. My close date is the 10th. If I make a purchase on the morning of the 10th, when the statement is available in the 11th, that charge shows.

Message 27 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Is it me or is Discover one of the slowest lenders to post pending charges? It seems to take days to post and i have charges that are over 4 days old still pending. I like to pay them as they post, just out of habit but it is kinda annoying or weird. Heck I'll order a pizza with my PPMC and within 2 days i can already make a payment. Just curious to everyones experience and what other lenders you find are slow. AJC

I didn't notice this slowness until earlier this month and when I did it was annoying.  My Discover card's Payment Due date is the 5th and the Statement Close is the 6th.  I made a purchase of $8.64 at a supermarket on January 2 and it stayed Pending until the statement closed on January 6.  And of course you can't make a payment in excess of the current statement balance ( unless you push a payment) so my statement ended up closing with an $8.64 balance.  Since I prefer to have no more than one-third of my accounts reporting balances in any given month that screwed up my plan.

Message 28 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover use to post my charges within 2 days but the last few months it’s been more like 4 days.

My other lenders are all in 2 days and as for payments Chase processes my payments within a day but I’m using internal account.
Message 29 of 40
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I dont find checking when my charges post as micromanaging, i call it being vigilante about my credit.

When you have your own fully dedicated AJC server in Disco's IT room from all the hulk smashes. It'll take time to get thru.............Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.