Why is JCB Murakai not popular?

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Why is JCB Murakai not popular?

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

Well, there you have it. My mantra is if you have more than $5K in unchaegorized spend, you're not doing it right. But you're right about the bonuses though... I hadn't paid close attention to them before (in fact, I don't think I've noticed those - are they new?).

It's a pretty big assumption that more than $5K of uncatagorized spend is not doing something right.  Most catagory spend at greater than 3% is capped.  So depending on one's spend pattern & amounts, it's not hard to have a significant amout of non catagorized spend.

Right, however, no one is limited to only one category card. Btw, we know what happens to unlimited spends for 3%+ cards. They get nerfed. If the vast majority of JCB's users turn out to put the great majoirty of their spendings above the 3K threshold, they'd be losing money and as such not be able to maintain that structure. It'd get nerfed too.

Please name catagory cards that have > 3% that you can realistically have more than one of, with no or minimal AF?

You can have multiples of lots of cards. Known ones are: US Bank Cash+, Sallie Mae Mastercard, Huntington Voice, Bank of America Better Balance Rewards.

It might be best to work on getting a bunch of Better Balance Rewards cards Smiley Wink as someone here has 4 of those.

non-category BBR-2.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 41 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.