cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my account labelled as in dispute?

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Why is my account labelled as in dispute?

My Wells Fargo account is labelled as: Account in dispute - initiated by subscriber.

I lost my card 6 weeks ago and got a replacement card with new number, and that was it.

Other than that, I disputed a $30 charge for a paypal payment because the seller on ebay never responded to a single email nor send the item out and that was >2months ago. 

Is this normal? I tried calling Wells Fargo a few times and they seem as confused as I am as to why it's labelled as that. No one seems to be able to correct it as well.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Why is my account labelled as in dispute?

@enharu wrote:

Other than that, I disputed a $30 charge for a paypal payment because the seller on ebay never responded to a single email nor send the item out and that was >2months ago. 

Sounds like you have an outstanding balance due of $30 that you've disputed, but haven't paid yet? 

Message 2 of 5
enharu
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Sounds like you have an outstanding balance due of $30 that you've disputed, but haven't paid yet? 

I basically charged $30 to my card using paypal to pay for the item.

The transaction was posted, and I paid down my entire balance to $0.

I disputed this transaction because the merchant did not send anything out for >1 month.

Technically, once this dispute concludes, Wells Fargo owes me $30.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I should have explained it clearer.

Thanks!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 5
Open123
Super Contributor

Oh, I see.  Seems as if they're just updating your CR to reflect as accurately as possible the status of your account.  I suspect once this has been resolved, they'll updated again to remove it from dispute status.

Message 4 of 5
enharu
Super Contributor

I just got off the phone with a supervisor and that seems to be the case. The dispute will be removed once this dispute ends, which can take up to 60 business days.

I would waited until I do my credit apps before I filed this dispute, if I had known.

Because my account is labelled as in dispute, my entire WF credit card is not taken into consideration for FICO/FAKO scoring. it is also not included in AAoA calculations too it seems. This is depressing Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.