cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the AMEX website so darn gltichy!!

tag
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Why is the AMEX website so darn gltichy!!

I signed onto the AMEX website this morning to check my balance and decided to check to see if I had any "offers".  Well, I click where it says Apply for new Card/View all Cards and across the top of the screen was an offer to Upgrade to the AMEX Platinum Card and it said I was "Preapproved".  Smiley Surprised  I had a feeling something wierd was going on, but  I also thought maybe because of my excellent six month history with them that I finally received an "offer"   HA!  Smiley LOL  I actually was not interested in the AMEX Platinum because of that hefty $450 Annual Fee that comes with it, but then I thought what the heck.  I clicked the button and it sat there and finally timed out. (glitchy! Amex!)   I cancelled out and logged back in and and what do you know....the offer is gone! LOL!!!!  I think it was a glitch anyway because the Zync cannot "Upgrade" to another card. I called into their Customer Service and she said I had an "offer" for the AMEX Gold and the AMEX Plantinum. 

But my point is why would I get an "Upgrade" offer on the website and then it disappears?  Seems like the AMEX website is notoriously glitchy! When I applied for the Zync card it kept freezing and timing out on me. I was surprised it actually went through! SMH!  You would think AMEX would "UPGRADE" their website! LOL!!!!

Slowly building....
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Re: Why is the AMEX website so darn gltichy!!

Could it be your browser? If it's outdated or a browser that Amex's site isn't 100% completely compatible with then those sorts of things may happen.

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 2 of 14
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Hey Atarvuzdar.....Nope, my browser's are all up to date and both computers I use are compatible. Plus I have read on here before that many others have also experienced a glitch when on the AMEX website, especially when applying.
Slowly building....
Message 3 of 14
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@atarvuzdar wrote:

Could it be your browser? If it's outdated or a browser that Amex's site isn't 100% completely compatible with then those sorts of things may happen.

It probably is your browser.. you probably have the latest browser BUT.. amex isnt always up to date with the latest browsers... if you are using internet explorer.. on the top of the page you will see an icon that looks like a torn piece of paper.. click that.. its the compatibility view icon.. this will render your browser so that its comptable with the current version of Amex's site..

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I find the only browser that I can apply for an amex card online is Safari or IE. Firefox and Chrome get glitchy on me.

Did you make sure you checked the app status page to make sure an app still didn't go through?

Message 5 of 14
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Yup, I checked. No app. So an incompatible browser would cause an AMEX offer to appear and then disappear?
Slowly building....
Message 6 of 14
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@TeeandDee wrote:
Yup, I checked. No app. So an incompatible browser would cause an AMEX offer to appear and then disappear?

Possibly... if the browser is incompatible then some images dont appear... Its a pain in the neck!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 14
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Now its showing me an offer for the Delta Skymiles...LOL! Says I'm preapproved.
Slowly building....
Message 8 of 14
TheConductor
Established Contributor

The site has always been smooth as glass for me.

All the preapproved offer stuff you're experiencing may be a symptom of their recent discontinuationof the Zync.  Maybe those offers are supposed to be given to people as the Zync gets phased out, or as people approach their annual fee anniversary, but they made a mistake and let some of them out too soon.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 9 of 14
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

The preapprovals have worked that way for a long time.  There are numerous threads discussing that Amex's preapproval offers appear then disappear once you are a member.  It has nothing to do with whatever is (or is not) going on with Zync.

Those offers are relatively meaningless in any event.  If you get an actual targeted offer, it will show up as a banner when you are on your main account page. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.