cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the bureau reporting different numbers to me & lender?

tag
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

Why is the bureau reporting different numbers to me & lender?

Hi all,

Just got a hard pull for a CLI (nearly tripled my limit, which was nice). But I was confused that Experian reported 705 score to me and 719 to the lender?

Isn't there just one score from each bureau? I don't get it..

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Why is the bureau reporting different numbers to me & lender?

no, chalk it up to something like the government... lots of people with lots of money (banks) have gamed this system to confuse consumers, and make credit work to their advantage and charge consumers more money! (Hello political soap box Smiley Tongue)

no but seriously... FICO scores are the only ones you care about and even Fico has multiple which is annoying and auto enhanced but in the end anything score and report that is Fico should be very close and accurate for what and if you should apply and rates and such you might expect.

Message 2 of 4
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

Yeah CreditAddict that reminds me-

What is the difference between FICO and FAKO? I see that all the time on here and I don't know what that means either...

Thanks so much for clearing up the confusion. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

a FICO score is a specific company's score algorithms (Fair Issac Co) and is generally regarded as the most popular used among financial institutions. Every other score is a "Fako", it might be a score used by someone to determine credit but it's not from Fair Issac Co.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.