Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why not EQ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not EQ?

So lots of lenders are no providing fee fico scores to their customers.

Mostly TU (in my experience - Sallie Mae, Walmart, Hyundia Financial)  and AMEX is doing EX but why no love for EQ?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why not EQ?

Citi provides a version of Equifax Fico 08. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can add Discover to the list of TU as well as Barclays in general (not just SM).

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi provides a version of Equifax Fico 08. 

A further clarification is that Citi provides your Bankcard score, which might actually be better if you're main concern is applying for credit cards since this particular version is used more for credit card approvals.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's because EQ are big jerks. 

Also it's probably because TU is offering the data more cheaply. E.G. even Merrick gives a free TU Fico monthly. 

I've always felt EQ was a little behind the other two in the digital world.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ is awful in just about everyway imaginable.

Disputes, their online credit tool (still uses some generic homebrew score), everything. I literally had to send 22 emails to the CEO to get a simple dispute fixed. I had the creditor send me a letter saying to delete and attached it for 6 seperate disputes and they overlooked it each time. Awful system.

The only thing that is decent is their credit alerts. They are pretty prompt and detailed when something changes in your report.

Message 5 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

EQ is awful in just about everyway imaginable.

Disputes, their online credit tool (still uses some generic homebrew score), everything. I literally had to send 22 emails to the CEO to get a simple dispute fixed. I had the creditor send me a letter saying to delete and attached it for 6 seperate disputes and they overlooked it each time. Awful system.

The only thing that is decent is their credit alerts. They are pretty prompt and detailed when something changes in your report.

EQ is definitely a bit behind on technology and tactics.. They have been the biggest thorn in my side.  I think most people agree EQ is probably the hardest to deal with.. Don't even get me started with lifting security freezes either.  I have to call them each time and not open on weekend and asked them to investigate why I can't do it online and it denies me and says it looks fine here and makes me sound like I am doing something wrong.. Escalated from their off-shore to people that know what they are talking about, but never gets anywhere as I don't think these people ever escalate it.. Might just have to email  EO on this as this company is incompetent as adding 1+1 seems tough to them.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

EQ is definitely a bit behind on technology and tactics.. They have been the biggest thorn in my side.  I think most people agree EQ is probably the hardest to deal with.. Don't even get me started with lifting security freezes either.  I have to call them each time and not open on weekend and asked them to investigate why I can't do it online and it denies me and says it looks fine here and makes me sound like I am doing something wrong.. Escalated from their off-shore to people that know what they are talking about, but never gets anywhere as I don't think these people ever escalate it.. Might just have to email  EO on this as this company is incompetent as adding 1+1 seems tough to them.

I wouldn't hesitate to do that CreditCuriousity.

Message 7 of 8
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's because EQ are big jerks. 

Also it's probably because TU is offering the data more cheaply. E.G. even Merrick gives a free TU Fico monthly. 

I've always felt EQ was a little behind the other two in the digital world.

In business it's usually always money. TU probably gave Barclays, Synch, etc. better deals. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.