cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why people can get their paypal credit up to 10k?

tag
DotaK
Regular Contributor

Why people can get their paypal credit up to 10k?

Why people can get their paypal credit up to 10k? Mine is still sitting in the weird number of 1524 for my paypal credit. They always denied my CLI even my score is 773. So sad! Where I did wrong?

7 REPLIES 7
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Why people can get their paypal credit up to 10k?

@DotaK wrote:

Why people can get their paypal credit up to 10k? Mine is still sitting in the weird number of 1524 for my paypal credit. They always denied my CLI even my score is 773. So sad! Where I did wrong?

Like the answers to all your other posts, you need more time. You recently paid off high utilization, <1 month of paid off accounts is not going to erase all the months where you had high utilization with your current lenders. 

The odd number CL indicates that at some point they CLD you. It takes time to build trust that you are not going to rack up debt again. 

Message 2 of 8
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

The denial letters you get when a CLI is not granted should tell you why you were denied.  Some things you can change, like balances too high, but some things, like time since opened, you just have to accept. 

Also Synchrony Bank closes cards too. You may be seeing posts from people getting limit increases but have you read the Synchrony closing thread of posts?  Not everyone is getting increases.

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 3 of 8
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

@DotaK wrote:

Like the answers to all your other posts, you need more time. You recently paid off high utilization, <1 month of paid off accounts is not going to erase all the months where you had high utilization with your current lenders. 

The odd number CL indicates that at some point they CLD you. It takes time to build trust that you are not going to rack up debt again. 

Absolutely this. I got decreased to 2524 on one of my cards from Sync. The balance was instantly restored once I used a purchase on the card. I wouldn't flat out stop using the card though. I am absolutely not an expert, especially when it comes to Sync despite having 2 cards, but I would throw a small recurring fee on it for the next 3 months and then ask for a CLI if none come automatically. Who knows what impression they could get for leaving it at $0 after having high utilization.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KatSoDak wrote:

Also Synchrony Bank closes cards too. You may be seeing posts from people getting limit increases but have you read the Synchrony closing thread of posts?  Not everyone is getting increases.

This is a big thing to keep in mind! When I had high utilization on my accounts, approaching 80% overall, Synchrony started balance chasing a few of my cards and decreased my limits, as much as 50% on one of my cards.  I am thankful they didn't close my accounts.

IMO, continue to manage credit wisely and try for CLIs every month. Synchrony is a SP, so it doesn't hurt.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@KatSoDak wrote:

This is a big thing to keep in mind! When I had high utilization on my accounts, approaching 80% overall, Synchrony started balance chasing a few of my cards and decreased my limits, as much as 50% on one of my cards.  I am thankful they didn't close my accounts.

IMO, continue to manage credit wisely and try for CLIs every month. Synchrony is a SP, so it doesn't hurt.

I wouldn't do this indiscriminately with the way Synch has been dropping the axe on people. Best to tread very lightly with them these days.

Message 6 of 8
RickNATL
Established Contributor

I am trying to get past $10K...LOL...any ideas?

Message 7 of 8
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@RickNATL wrote:

I am trying to get past $10K...LOL...any ideas?

You have to call in if you want to go higher than $10k. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.