Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Amex close my card

tag
Achase
Regular Contributor

Will Amex close my card

I just had a 30 day late on my auto loan report to my credit. Has anyone else had a late report and still keep their Amex?

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Will Amex close my card

One late payment on another account probably they will not bother that much. Do you have any other baddies on your report? What are your new accounts and inquireis? You can also call your auto loan company and see if they would remove the late from your credit report.

Message 2 of 6
John060675
Valued Contributor

Call and ask for a GW ASAP, and if that does not work send a GW letter the next day.  Hopefully the account is back in good standing, which is the only way they would entertain a GW.

Concerning AMEX canceling the card, if it just opened they might.  They probably will not, but there still is a chance.  If the account has been established for a while, then I think the chances are a lot less.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
Achase
Regular Contributor

no other baddies on the report...i had the amex account for about a year....its a charge card.

i will goodwill the auto loan asap...thanx 4 the possitive feedback

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No.

Good answer

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.