cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will B of A lower my credit limit if my fico score goes lower or ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will B of A lower my credit limit if my fico score goes lower or ?

will B of A Lower my credit limit if my fico score goes lower ?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will B of A lower my credit limit if my fico score goes lower or ?

I'm sure BoA is doing soft reviews just like every other bank right now.  They want to reduce their exposure, and BoA has reduced CL's for even some outstanding customers.

That said, I got a $1,000 BoA CC in May 2004, and then proceeded to let my credit fall apart, but I was never late on that particular card, so I never saw a CLD.

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 2 of 5
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

When I app'd for the BofA Amex I was hovering around 2% util, scores in the mid 600s and a few baddies scattered around.  My score went up by about 50, then dropped back down to the mid 600s (except on TU) w/ util around 30%.  They didn't touch my 5k limit.  I did call in awhile back about getting a CLI to do a BT and the CSR noted that I wasn't paying this acct off as quickly as I had in the past.  Yeah, well, I'm not able to do that anymore, lol.  The money tree is broken!  (I didn't get a CLI or a new card..  sigh.)

Hopefully they won't touch your limit, but ya never know.  Good luck.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't just worry of your credit scores with BofA.  They are reviewing more than that.  I had one of my Bank of America cards lowered by the famous letter from 11,000 to 3,000.  I was mad.  So I called BofA and spoke to a supervisor,  he questioned me like I was in court.  What job I do, how long,  income,  home,  household income.  He then questioned me on my balance, what I used it for etc.  After that he placed me on hold for a few mins.  He then came back online and his decesion was to recind the decesion based on income changes and the reason for credit usage.  Christmas shopping.  I got lucky.  So you can have it reversed if your honest.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, all I can say, is that I have scores in the 800's across the board, and BOA just slashed my limit on my platinum charge from 20,800 to 10,500. The analyst I spoke with commented on how stellar my credit profile looks. No lates, No negatives of any kind, and no revolving debt. He even told me that I have the income to support a 20K line. However, they would not reverse it for me, and I wasn't given any sort of reason other than I was not using the full 20K worth of credit. I used the card monthly, spent about 1K on average, and always paid in full.

For years, they gave me CLI's like candy that I never asked for. You can't win with these companies.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.