cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will BofA match an online offer to a mail offer ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will BofA match an online offer to a mail offer ?

I recently applied for and was approved for a BofA Rewards card I was preselected for by mail. It has the 15 month 0% and the regular 1-2-3 rewards. I noticed that online they are offering 150$ back after the first 500$ . Question is....If I call them do you guys think they could/would match that online offer. I mean I suppose I could have just as easily applied online and got it but I didn't check.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Will BofA match an online offer to a mail offer ?

@Anonymous wrote:
I recently applied for and was approved for a BofA Rewards card I was preselected for by mail. It has the 15 month 0% and the regular 1-2-3 rewards. I noticed that online they are offering 150$ back after the first 500$ . Question is....If I call them do you guys think they could/would match that online offer. I mean I suppose I could have just as easily applied online and got it but I didn't check.

@Anonymous, I'm moving your thread to 'Credit Cards' to get your question more exposure.  --UncleB, myFICO Moderator

Message 2 of 8
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Check your terms and conditions page you should have received with your offer; the bonus may be in that already, if not it wouldn't hurt to give'em a call.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't mention anything about an initial bonus so I really don't have a leg to stand on. Just curious if anyone knows if BofA is historically inclined to entertain matching an offer such as this.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I spoke to a rep when I received my card and pled my case. I explained that I had called in and app'd because of the preselected mail offer I'd received , and no sooner had I finished did I realize there was an online offer for a 150 bonus after the first 500 spent. The rep was super understanding and said she would put in a request for me. Sure enough...a few days later the offer appeared on my online account. Now to just get that 500$ worth of groceries and gas spent and I'm good to go..!!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I spoke to a rep when I received my card and pled my case. I explained that I had called in and app'd because of the preselected mail offer I'd received , and no sooner had I finished did I realize there was an online offer for a 150 bonus after the first 500 spent. The rep was super understanding and said she would put in a request for me. Sure enough...a few days later the offer appeared on my online account. Now to just get that 500$ worth of groceries and gas spent and I'm good to go..!!

Sweet! Gotta love their customer service for understanding! 

I had a targeted $200 after 500 spend offer on mine. With the extra BofA client tiers I'll be able to redeem for much more as well. Gas is a big daily expense for me as I drive everywhere, so it was a no brainer!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet deal right there ! Yeah...I was sold on the gas rewards too. Thinking about having a second checking account linked to drop the rewards into for that added 10%.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Sweet deal right there ! Yeah...I was sold on the gas rewards too. Thinking about having a second checking account linked to drop the rewards into for that added 10%.

10% extra is a must! Do it 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.