cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Chase AU's (not Joint) show up on their credit report?

tag
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

Re: Will Chase AU's (not Joint) show up on their credit report?

@09Lexie wrote:
If you don't want it to report then it goes without saying- don't add them as an AU

Can I add a fake first name? I don't want it reporting to their CB.

Message 11 of 35
p-
Valued Contributor

@Stiga9 wrote:Can I add a fake first name? I don't want it reporting to their CB.

What is the point of adding an AU if you don't want it reported on the CR?

Message 12 of 35
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

This is starting to make my head hurt!

Be careful, what you sound like you want to do sounds unethical.
Message 13 of 35
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

@p- wrote:

@Stiga9 wrote:Can I add a fake first name? I don't want it reporting to their CB.

What is the point of adding an AU if you don't want it reported on the CR?

GF spends a lot of cash, but using my card as an AU will get us TONS of miles/points. She doesn't want it reported to the CB for personal reasons. we're trying to find a way around it. We thought about having two of my same cards, but that doesn't work when im in Florida buying gas and she is in Washington shopping...(we travel alot).

Message 14 of 35
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
This is starting to make my head hurt!

Be careful, what you sound like you want to do sounds unethical.

Lol yeah it doesn't look good but everything is legit. We just want her using a CC as an AU without it reporting to the CR (nothing illegal, just very personal reasons). I hope it won't get reported if she has different addresses, and we're not inputting the SSN. Her name is very common i just don't see how they will find out who she is!!

Message 15 of 35
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

They will most likely match address and maybe last name... Plus you don't need a SSN to have credit report (s).. Just your name and address are enough for the CRAs to generate credit reports for you
Message 16 of 35
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'd say its a crapshoot. If in doubt, don't do it. Sounds like you have to give up something, namely your bonus/rewards for her privacy.
Message 17 of 35
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

@mnavas wrote:
They will most likely match address and maybe last name... Plus you don't need a SSN to have credit report (s).. Just your name and address are enough for the CRAs to generate credit reports for you

Thanks. Putting her middle name and MY own address is legal, correct? My address isn't listed anywhere on her CR.

Message 18 of 35
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I'd say its a crapshoot. If in doubt, don't do it. Sounds like you have to give up something, namely your bonus/rewards for her privacy.

Yeah. We'll discuss. thanks for the information. I think if it shows up on her CR we'll just cancel the AU. But we may give it a shot... i'll report back in a few months or so.. lol

Message 19 of 35
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Yes it's legal to use your address and since its just an AU you can use whatever name you like and the Chase won't care or ask you for an ID or something... They only care you pay for all the charges the AU person make in your account
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.