cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Chase launch Ritz-Carlton credit card again?

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Will Chase launch Ritz-Carlton credit card again?

Considering the Bonvoy (I really hate that name) cards have been devalued from everyday use since the merger I see no acceptance issues because the hotels will take their own cards regardless of the network they are on so I don't see why that would be a problem. And the agreement between Chase/AMEX already drew the lines on what markets they get to have so unless that gets renegotiated in the future I don't see this card being relaunched any time soon.

Message 11 of 18
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Right, but you can’t assume that ALL customers will exclusively use their hotel cards at just that hotel. There are many who don’t frequent Reddit/FT/here who enjoy the simplicity of amassing their points on the brand’s credit card they are loyal to, regardless of where they choose to shop. This is often overlooked in these discussions.

And yes, I despise the Bonvoy name as well.

Message 12 of 18
NRB525
Super Contributor

Not to worry. Very soon all of us who have SPG or Marriott cards will be issued Bonvoy cards, and more thread titles will have that ridiculous name.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 13 of 18
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I don't think it would break my heart if my personal SPG were transitioned to a Chase Visa much like the Hilton Citi-> AMEX transition;  it would backdoor 5/24, the card would still earn BonVoyage points,  and it would free up both AMEX CL and a revolver slot.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 14 of 18
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

I wish! It’d be nice to have a true visa infinite issued by a major bank.

[2/2019]
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the conjecture that $95AF Amex spg will be transfered to Chase. Otherwise, it may be not a good deal for Chase, which only issues $95AF while Amex can issue both $95AF and exclusively $450AF.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

A nice PERK to add would be platinum status at a $450 level. 

This will probably be my last post about marriott since well i was a 4 year re-buy status person. Yes i got platinum an used points to keep it and it was well worth it. I had the Ritz card and loved it but last year i went thru a half a million points just before i switched to the HILTON card that yes i PAYED to get top status.

If marriott ever came back with a card that gave platinum status then i might come back and chat some more on here about there cards.

Yall have a great week and my rant is over.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree @simplynoir......not a fan of Bonvoy. And I don’t see the Ritz card coming back, it’s already been replaced. 

I hope your right @NRB525 about the regular SPG eventually going to Chase. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.