cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Chase pull my report again if I apply for another card?

tag
Djuicee

Will Chase pull my report again if I apply for another card?

So I just applied for a Chase Sapphire card and got approved with a 5k limit.  Since they pulled my credit report already, I know that sometimes with some banks you can use that one inquiry to apply for multiple cards?  So my question basically is, if i apply for...a Chase freedom, will they hard pull AGAIN?  Or will they just use my old credit report they pulled?

Also...as soon as i activated my card and went online to register...my card was billed for $204 from verizon!?!??! wtfffff.  I'm going to call in tomorrow about that.  Crazy.

EX FICO - 714 - 8/20/12
TU FICO - 704 - 12/16/12

Chase Sapphire 5000 | Citi Dividend 4300 | Discover More 1000 | CapitalOne Journey 750 | BoA Cash Rewards 700 CL
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will Chase pull my report again if I apply for another card?

Yes, it will be another hard pull. I beleive only amex consider multiple apps with single hard inquery.

Message 2 of 4
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Chase HP's everything, so yes.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, it will be another hard pull. I beleive only amex consider multiple apps with single hard inquery.

There are some other lenders which do the same, but almost certainly not Chase.  I've heard a few times of it's happening with Chase, but usually we're talking one after the other rather than a span of days or weeks in this case to activate the card. Statistically, especially in this case but most others too, you have only slightly better chance of not receiving multiple inquiries for multiple products, than you do of actually winning the lottery.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.