cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Chase reallocate to a new credit card?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Will Chase reallocate to a new credit card?

@Remedios wrote:

They dont have to be stuck with Slate. Slate can be PCed to other core cards after BT is paid off. 

It can?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 11 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

They dont have to be stuck with Slate. Slate can be PCed to other core cards after BT is paid off. 

It can?

Yes @SouthJamaica . It can be PCed to other core cards. 

Message 12 of 16
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

It can?

Yes... my wife’s Slate was PC’d to Freedom Unlimited a few months ago.

Message 13 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

It can?

Yes @SouthJamaica . It can be PCed to other core cards. 

Well that puts an interesting wrinkle on things. One would have to forego the signup bonus for the new card, but perhaps the 0% balance transfer on Slate makes up for that.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@FICOEmpire wrote:

I hope so. I do have an offer but at 4% fee. Don't really want to owe $400 more in fees to move at least 10k. The Slate would be $0 and for 15 months. I need time right now. I think the util. would be 60% or less and I should be ok for no AA. Still debating it though. Also don't want to lose 15-20 points for AoYA but money is more important right now than score.

You might want to consider credit union platinum cards. Many offer permanent no-balance-transfer-fee cards. E.g. PenFed Promise, Unify Variable Rate Platinum, NFCU Platinum, DCU Platinum. Those are cards you can use in the future, too, unlike Slate which is worthless after the promo period.

Yeah, but they don't offer 0% promos. You're still paying the the standard APR for that product, albeit lower than a typical CC. 

I assume OP is looking for a 0% product. I also wouldn't say it's usless afterwards, a friend of mine has the Slate and gets 0% offers fairly often. Some people like to have one or two CCs strictly for BT purposes, which in itself makes it useful to them.  

Message 15 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@FICOEmpire wrote:

I hope so. I do have an offer but at 4% fee. Don't really want to owe $400 more in fees to move at least 10k. The Slate would be $0 and for 15 months. I need time right now. I think the util. would be 60% or less and I should be ok for no AA. Still debating it though. Also don't want to lose 15-20 points for AoYA but money is more important right now than score.

You might want to consider credit union platinum cards. Many offer permanent no-balance-transfer-fee cards. E.g. PenFed Promise, Unify Variable Rate Platinum, NFCU Platinum, DCU Platinum. Those are cards you can use in the future, too, unlike Slate which is worthless after the promo period.

Yeah, but they don't offer 0% promos. You're still paying the the standard APR for that product, albeit lower than a typical CC. 

I assume OP is looking for a 0% product. I also wouldn't say it's usless afterwards, a friend of mine has the Slate and gets 0% offers fairly often. Some people like to have one or two CCs strictly for BT purposes, which in itself makes it useful to them.  

Some have had 0%, most offer tiny promo rates like 1.99%, 2.99%, 4.99%. My Unify card is at a permanent 7.24%.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.