cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Citi convert a Staples credit card?

tag
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Will Citi convert a Staples credit card?

I apped for this card on a whim, got the 7 to 10 day message. I assumed I was declined, today the card shows up in the mail. I don't want it anymore. Will it affect my credit if I close it right away or can citi convert it to another type of card?

Edit: By the way they approved me for a credit limit of $651, what is with the $1

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Re: Will Citi convert a Staples credit card?

anybody?

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 2 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

GOOD QUESTION BUT DO YOU MEAN LIKE IF YOU CAN DO A PRODUCT CHANGE TO ANOTHER CITI CARD?????

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I think you'll need to ask Citi directly on this; however, I would suspect they won't though I could easily be wrong.

Store cards are typically different than co-branded cards and PCing between them generally isn't possible is my understanding of it from the majority of lenders.

        
Message 4 of 9
Anarchy
New Contributor

Doesn't hurt to call and try.

Message 5 of 9
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

FYI, you get free shipping on ALL phone/online orders when paying with a Staples credit card.
Message 6 of 9
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Have no idea at all about the $1...but if you've already received the card, don't close it.  Keep it.  Maybe use it a few times, and pay it off in full each and every month, on time.

Citi backs a large number of store cards, and in my experience, a good record on an existing store card gives you an automatic pass to acquire others.

They will not convert your Staples card to another card.

Good luck with everything!

Message 7 of 9
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:
FYI, you get free shipping on ALL phone/online orders when paying with a Staples credit card.

I'm an associate so I get the free shipping anyways lol.

Message 8 of 9
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Sorry!  I tried to answer your original question.

Mea culpa.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.