Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I Get Approved- Amex Platinum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will I Get Approved- Amex Platinum

@Creditaddict wrote:

like I said I put a 95% or more approval on ANY Charge card once approved for any of the others... most seem to start at Zync and work up... I would start with what I really want and if not then apply down vs up!

I don't think this statement of mine holds true for getting approved a personal and then getting approved for a business charge.... but I think it's still pretty close.

Congrats on your Platinum... go sit in a lounge for me!

You were absolutly correct, one thing I did forget to mention in my reply, and that was the OP stated he just got the zync, I assumed the OP meant "just got the Zync" as in a few days ago, and how AmEx likes to see a little history with you before they will approve for another card.

However, either way, I was wrong, and honestly , I'm very glad in this case I was wrong.

I should have listened to you Creditaddict Smiley Very Happy 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also interesting is the fact they approved it with 23 inquiries on the report.

(I misread a post a while back and thought all inquiries within 2 weeks only count as one)
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Also interesting is the fact they approved it with 23 inquiries on the report.

(I misread a post a while back and thought all inquiries within 2 weeks only count as one)

And I got denied with 11 inqs. Smiley Indifferent 

Message 13 of 14
hyprble
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approval!  I'll be traveling quite a bit next year and am thinking of apping for a Platinum if I get a targeted offer (crossing my fingers!)  I have an amex credit card that I pif every month, so I'm hoping I'd be approved.

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.