Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I ever be prime again....

tag
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will I ever be prime again....

@beb86 wrote:
That was not my intent I apoligize if it sounded that way. There have just been posters here that have had AMEX close there accounts after the realized that there was a previous CO that is all. 

No problem.  I've opened three accounts, applied for 3 CLI's (received 1), and push about 75% of my reported annual income through these cards (PIF each month, of course!)... so if there were any red flags I could possibly throw up, they would have been flapping in the breeze long ago.

Message 11 of 24
beb86
Valued Contributor

@steve23111 wrote:

@beb86 wrote:
That was not my intent I apoligize if it sounded that way. There have just been posters here that have had AMEX close there accounts after the realized that there was a previous CO that is all. 

No problem.  I've opened three accounts, applied for 3 CLI's (received 1), and push about 75% of my reported annual income through these cards (PIF each month, of course!)... so if there were any red flags I could possibly throw up, they would have been flapping in the breeze long ago.

Haha yeah I hear that... Congrats on the Post BK success!!!

Message 12 of 24
shols44
Frequent Contributor

I'm definitely encouraged with your successes folks! Duncanrr, I agree with you. My BK happened as a combined result of serious family illness and horrible real estate dive. After a few years of very lucrative deals, I decided to go big about 6 months before Bear Stearns croaked. Instead of bailing, I dug deeper and piled on CC debt on my very large limits thinking I would be fine in the long run. All while paying for 24hr care for the pops. In any case, thats all history. My financial house is definitely in order and thank God I found this site.

I just feel better knowing I'm not stuck with CreditOne for the next five years lol. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 13 of 24
beb86
Valued Contributor

@shols44 wrote:

I'm definitely encouraged with your successes folks! Duncanrr, I agree with you. My BK happened as a combined result of serious family illness and horrible real estate dive. After a few years of very lucrative deals, I decided to go big about 6 months before Bear Stearns croaked. Instead of bailing, I dug deeper and piled on CC debt on my very large limits thinking I would be fine in the long run. All while paying for 24hr care for the pops. In any case, thats all history. My financial house is definitely in order and thank God I found this site.

I just feel better knowing I'm not stuck with CreditOne for the next five years lol. 

RUN FROM CREDIT ONE....no grace period, and after the first year a monthly AF, charge to get a CLI....etc...

Message 14 of 24
distantarray
Established Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

@shols44 wrote:

RUN FROM CREDIT ONE....no grace period, and after the first year a monthly AF, charge to get a CLI....etc...

This, secured cards or prime or nothing

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 15 of 24
shols44
Frequent Contributor

Point taken. 

Assuming I stay the course for another 1 year, when would it be safe to attempt a prime app? Which one would you guys recommend? 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 16 of 24
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@shols44 wrote:

All the best to you.  My brother got in trouble with stock options so I know how quickly it can turn from good to bad.  There are some excellent people here with tremendous amounts of knowledge.  When you get about a year post BK you could probably look at Barclays and some other BK friendly lenders.  Im not too familiar with BK rebuidling as its something Ive never had to do but there are others here that can chime in.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 24
distantarray
Established Contributor

@shols44 wrote:

Point taken. 

Assuming I stay the course for another 1 year, when would it be safe to attempt a prime app? Which one would you guys recommend? 

Cap One, Hooters,  Barclay cards, Citi, HSBC are a few that are bankruptcy friendly.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 18 of 24
beb86
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@shols44 wrote:

Point taken. 

Cap One, Hooters,  Barclay cards, Citi, HSBC are a few that are bankruptcy friendly.

Have the opened applications up??...AFAIK it has been cancelled. But I dont know I haven't looked in a long time.

Message 19 of 24
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@shols44 wrote:

Point taken. 

From this thread http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Bk-friendly-creditors/td-p/1363947/page/2 I'm seeing state credit union (don't know what this is)... started our secured then went unsecured after 1 year. Also Barclay's apple. Discover more... 36 months post Bk.... May wanna check it out and see what other members are getting. Ive fortunately never been in your shoes. Good luck on your rebuild Smiley Happy
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.