Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I ever get luv from Chase and Citi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I ever get luv from Chase and Citi

I burned Chase for 1500 that went into collections(settled) and Citi for 3500 that I settled for less than full. These are from 6+ years ago and will fall off my record this Nov. I am in much better shape financially and have decent overall cards and a paid off auto loan. I am also an additional user on my wife's DC. Understandably, I never get any pre qualify offers from these 2 lenders. Will I ever be allowed in?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will I ever get luv from Chase and Citi

Most likely. I settled a debt with Citi 2 or 3 years ago for 50%. Got a toy limit Simplicity last month. Useless to me, but they let me back. I have no experience with Chase in that respect.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I settled with Chase back in 2004 - paid about $10K on 18K worth of cc debt.

I got back in last August.   Never had tried before that - so who knows.....but they did let me in

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I guess I'll just wait for the baddies to fall off before I try the prequalify sites
Message 4 of 6
SeattleSuperBowlChampions
New Contributor

Chase will let you back in.  I burned them way back in the day, and settled for less.  It is no longer on my CR.  And now I have 3 cards with them.  They did ask about why I defaulted though (they will keep those records in their systems indefinitely).  I have noticed they are a bit stingier with limits.  And I have not gotten a CLI yet.  My oldest one is over 2 years old.  

BarclayCard - Rewards MC - 5,000 | Amex - Skymiles Platinum - 18,000 | Chase - Freedom - 3,000 | Chase - Hyatt - 5,000 | Amazon SC - 3,800 | Fidelity AMEX - 17,000 | Chase - Ritz - 10,000
Message 5 of 6
Kidcat
Established Contributor

Chase will let you back in.  I included them in BK almost 10 years ago.  They gave me a mortgage, I bank with them, and have 2 Chase cards (possibly 3- got 2 week msg)

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.