Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get approve for a Amex card

tag
lsdiamond
Established Member

Re: Will I get approve for a Amex card

Well I just applied the other day and surprisingly got approved for the Amex Platinum Card. They pulled from Experian, TransUnion and my credit score was 747 but others have gotten approved with a credit score of 710. I also have over 15 credit inquiries on my credit report. I don't even have an established credit card payment history just a paid in full for over 12 months student loan and auto loan paid/never late. I also got approved for the Amex Gold Preferred Card also. Don't know how it happened had to have been a miracle. I think with all that established I think you have a very good chance of getting approved though.

Message 41 of 46
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone for the advice and encouragment. I have lowered my util and GW'd the only neg on my CR's and its now reporting positive...no baddies. I'll let you know what happens....

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 42 of 46
kclb
Regular Contributor

I'm still waiting for confirmation for my Costco AMEX card....still pending...

I may also want to apply for Hilton Honors amex surpass. what do you guys think? ha.

I just closed out my amex platinum since i didn't use much of the benefits of that card....

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.
Message 43 of 46
creditballer
Regular Contributor

@kclb wrote:

I'm still waiting for confirmation for my Costco AMEX card....still pending...

I may also want to apply for Hilton Honors amex surpass. what do you guys think? ha.

I just closed out my amex platinum since i didn't use much of the benefits of that card....

imho i would prob wait for the decision on the Costco Amex, before proceeding with HH. hope u get it.

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 44 of 46
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

Hi,

You applied this many times within a month you still got approved? why does it show cancelled under Application Status? Thanks for the info..

Message 45 of 46
myjourney
Super Contributor

@peaceonearth wrote:

Hi,

You applied this many times within a month you still got approved? why does it show cancelled under Application Status? Thanks for the info..

This is an old thread chances of you getting a answer low.......sorry 

But you can always start a new Smiley Happy

OLD THREAD ALERT

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.