Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get approved for Chase Freedom

tag
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

Re: Will I get approved for Chase Freedom

thats the spirit! sapphire! sapphire! go for it, i applied with the sapphire only with a boa 700 cli and cap one 300 cli and everyone told me there was a slim chance... guess what? i got it. if you already have the BCE dont show her a sign of disrespect by going for the freedom lol

your here <------- why go.....

<------ Here lol 

CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 21 of 32
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

You should still get the same discount. I did the same thing with my Freedom last quarter. Out here it is called King Soopers but they sell all Kroger stuff. I got $0.10 off per gallon and the 5% cash back for gas. Sweet!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 22 of 32
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

But do I even have a chance at any Chase card, especially Sapphire or Sapphire Preferred since I have a closed account with Chase?

Message 23 of 32
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Why was the account closed?
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 24 of 32
enharu
Super Contributor

@reckedhim wrote:

But do I even have a chance at any Chase card, especially Sapphire or Sapphire Preferred since I have a closed account with Chase?

i wouldn't apply for the sapphire preferred or sapphire for now if I were you.

Freedom you might have a decent chance, but it depends....how long were u late for, and how much did u owe when they closed it?

check out chase pre-approval site and see if you're pre-approved for anything for now first as well.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 25 of 32
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@reckedhim wrote:

Freedom you might have a decent chance, but it depends....how long were u late for, and how much did u owe when they closed it?

check out chase pre-approval site and see if you're pre-approved for anything for now first as well.

I wasn't preapproved for anything.

Message 26 of 32
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

On that note, don't apply! If they closed one of your accounts for being late, I honestly think you should even hold up on the freedom, but hey that's just my opinion.
CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 27 of 32
tatterz
New Contributor

@TwinGirls19 wrote:
Why do you want a freedom if you already have a BCE? That like downgrading from a hot looking girlfriend. Go for the sapphire

I love my Freedom. I have BCE too and I thought I'd be using it more but I ended up loving Freedom a lot more than I thought. I like Freedom's online shopping mall potential and the fact that you can turn any amount of points earned into a check or statement credit. With my BCE, it kind of turns me off that I have to accumulate increments of $25 in points in order to use them. I was also approved for Sallie Mae rewards Mastercard, which surpasses BCE's rewards with 5% groceries/gas/Amazon. So, BCE won't be used very much Smiley Tongue I think it is kind of overrated lol.

So, in conclusion: I love my Freedom.  Its an absolutely wonderful card to have. Its rewards and UR points are one of the best systems.

TU: 730 (Lender Pull) ; EQ: 738 (MyFico)
Barclay's Sallie Mae 5% Mastercard $1k(4/2013)- My main beach
Chase Freedom $3k (3/2013) - My side beach
Amex BCE $6k (3/2013) - When I feel like a boss
Crapital One Platinum $750 (2/2010) - When I feel like a n00b
Message 28 of 32
enharu
Super Contributor

@reckedhim wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@reckedhim wrote:

I wasn't preapproved for anything.

well, you can take the chance now and apply for a freedom. if denied or not approved instantly, call recon and explain. it's too hard to tell you what your chances are until you really try. however my guess is that they will approve you via recon, but you will most likely end up with a toy limit card.

It will be a lot better and easier over time since your debt is eventually paid off as well, so if you don't want to risk an inquiry, it's best to just wait a couple more years.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 29 of 32
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

I burned Chase in a Ch 13 bk in 2007.  Less than 2 weeks ago I was approved for the Freedom with a $5K limit on recon.  I tried the pre-approval on their website and I got nothing.  I took the chance and applied.  It was not an instant denial but when I called in moments later it was decilined.  So I called the backdoor and the rep told me that she could see that I was doing good on rebuilding my credit, but she felt as though I needed to wait another 2 years to apply.

I was so a little upset and it weighed heavily on my mind.  So a few hours later I called back and spoke to another rep that listened to my story, I pleaded my case and he approved me.  This all took less than 5 minutes.  So if you apply be prepared to have a good rebuttal for them to give you a card.  If one UW says no then you call back and keep doing it until they tell you to stop calling or you get tired.  It matters 100% who you get on the other end of that line that determines your fate.

So do you have a chance?  Yes you do.  I mean if I filed bk on them and they give me another chance then yes absolutely you have a chance.  Like I said, it is all about what you have done to since your issue with them.  No baddies since that time period!!  And remember, its all about what UW you get that makes the difference.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.