cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I qualify for the AMEX Green Card?

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will I qualify for the AMEX Green Card?

Yep this means you are approved! Congratulations!

Welcome to the amex family!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:
Yep this means you are approved! Congratulations!

Welcome to the amex family!

Woohoo!

Message 12 of 21
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

Congrat. Most likely you are approved when they ask for verification.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now, what do I need to do to qualify for the Gold card?

I realize that it will take time.

Thank you all for your responses.

Message 14 of 21
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval. I would use the green card for at least 6 months to get established with Amex. Then apply for the gold or a revolver and you should not have any troubles.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 15 of 21
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Spend spend spend on that green card, and in 6 months to a year you will be set for the gold card.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You actually already qualify for the Gold. Unless the changed the underwriting on the Green after the discontinuation of the Zync, the Green/Gold/PRG/Plat had nearly the same underwriting - it just depended on how much you were willing to spend on an AF. I would recommend keeping the Green for a year, than asking for a PC to the Gold after having the Green for a year. They will not be able to PC within a year due to the CARD act. It makes no sense to take another HP for a Gold when you already have a Green.

Message 17 of 21
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You actually already qualify for the Gold. Unless the changed the underwriting on the Green after the discontinuation of the Zync, the Green/Gold/PRG/Plat had nearly the same underwriting - it just depended on how much you were willing to spend on an AF. I would recommend keeping the Green for a year, than asking for a PC to the Gold after having the Green for a year. They will not be able to PC within a year due to the CARD act. It makes no sense to take another HP for a Gold when you already have a Green.

Card act allows changes after 6 months.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dustink wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In general, the CARD Act prohibits rate increases and other "significant changes" in terms during the first year after account opening... that is what I have read across the internet. Going from a Green to a Gold changes the AF by $30 which is considered a significant change. I have also called Amex about changed my BCE to BCP and they have told me they cannot PC to BCP until after a year due to the change in fees. So, I imagine it would apply to the charge card as well.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dustink wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope, CARD Act doesn't allow lenders to raise fees, like the annual fee, even when a customer requests an upgrade, for 12 months.  Amex doesn't allow you to do a product change that would increase your annual fee until a year has past.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.