tag
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Will NFCU Honor BT Special Rate?

@Anonymous wrote:

@thornback wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But will it post in time, one day seems kind of short?

I called last week to initiate the BT, and it finally showed the credit as a payment on my account Monday. Yet the statement from NFCU shows it posted on the 19th, which feels like the actual day I called. lol

I don't know if they did it that way so it would post on that particular statement, instead of waiting for the next one in 45 days.

I would certainly think that NFCU would go by the fact the request was made before 3/2 whether it has posted or not.

And this may actually be why OP was told they had to do it by 1/29 -- so that it does post by 3/2.  

Or the CSRs are just ill-informed. Its nothing new.

Of course.  But benefits of doubt and all that jazz, Saeren.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I did mine, it went pending the next day and had the code attached for "1.99% cash advance promo" or something like that... So I still maintain that its most likely going to count as long as its started before 3/3.

Message 12 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Gladius wrote:

I have been contemplating doing a BT to my NFCU Platinum Visa for a few days with their 1.9% rate, but I go to do it this morning and low and behold, I don't have the special offer showing up on my account page anymore.  Do you think if I call and ask they will still honor the rate?  Has anyone ever tried this and suceeded?  Thanks in advance.

If you received the marketing Navy BT emailer, you can activate it by clicking the link too.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.