cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will NFCU give you the same special offer if you don't accept one the first time it's given ?

tag
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Will NFCU give you the same special offer if you don't accept one the first time it's given ?

I got several letters in the mail saying I'm Preapproved for the NFCU Amex at 0% for 12 months. It's a great offer but I don't want to get a new card right now, but would love to receive this offer at the end of the year. It's says the offer expires tomorrow.

if I don't take them up on this could they send me the same 0% interest offer on the future? I believe I got the offer bc I was an AU on my husbands NFCU Amex and took myself off, I revived this offer the next week.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will NFCU give you the same special offer if you don't accept one the first time it's given ?

From what I understand, NFCU does these offers yearly around January in lieu of SUBs but when the SUBs come back, they go away except for the Platinum’s 0% for 12 BT. 

Message 2 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Will NFCU give you the same special offer if you don't accept one the first time it's given ?

Maintain your credit in good standing and im sure you may see this offer in futureSmiley Happy If not, you can always cold app.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingers crossed I won't have to wait until the last quarter of the year for the next sub with NFCU. I jumped on this myfico train a few months too late and missed the memo last time!

Choo Choo

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Fingers crossed I won't have to wait until the last quarter of the year for the next sub with NFCU. I jumped on this myfico train a few months too late and missed the memo last time!

Choo Choo

NFCU will have SUBs instead of 0%/1.99% offers again. Assuming they will be rolling out on the 1st since the 0% and 1.99% offers expire 2/28. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Choo Choo

NFCU will have SUBs instead of 0%/1.99% offers again. Assuming they will be rolling out on the 1st since the 0% and 1.99% offers expire 2/28. 

I hope so!! Ill be hitting my first 91/3 at the end of April. Hope my timing works!!

Message 6 of 7
zerofire
Valued Contributor

While you might get an offer again later you should expect the expiration to be absolute. Now it is actually very hard to be creative in making a CC offer that is different from the existing card and also not accidentally go into another product so issuers will usually reuse the same tricks. Sometimes though they will just give you a better set of terms. If push comes to shove you can always go ahead and call the issuer and say that you want x terms on y card while asking if they would do that. Any smart issuer will cave if they can or will find something in their bag of tricks to make you a customer.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.