cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will a referral work to get the limited time 80k SUB for the CSP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will a referral work to get the limited time 80k SUB for the CSP?

I have a friend who wants to take advantage of the 80k SUB for the CSP, but we are unsure if he will receive that or the 60k SUB if I refer him. I believe it makes sense he would get the 80k SUB since it is the current offer for the card, but I want to make sure.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Will a referral work to get the limited time 80k SUB for the CSP?

It depends on the terms of the referral link.   Whatever the offer attached to it that displays for them, that is what they get.

Message 2 of 8
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

In the past Chase has been known to match offers if approved for a lesser public offering but the interwebs is saying that they're not being as generous (at least at the moment) in doing so.   I would make sure your referral is comfortable with whatever the offer screen says rather than taking a lower offer and hoping for a match.

I mention this because the interwebs is saying that some folks are using the referral that isn't the same as the public offering and then being told "nope" when they ask for a match. 

Message 3 of 8
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

If I were your friend, I would not use your referral.  I would apply directly.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I told him to go ahead without the referral 

Message 5 of 8
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

In the past Chase has been known to match offers if approved for a lesser public offering but the interwebs is saying that they're not being as generous (at least at the moment) in doing so.   I would make sure your referral is comfortable with whatever the offer screen says rather than taking a lower offer and hoping for a match.

I mention this because the interwebs is saying that some folks are using the referral that isn't the same as the public offering and then being told "nope" when they ask for a match. 

Interwebs (Reddit and DoC) are showing nothing but denials for matching

As of right now, as far as I know, only affiliate referrals are showing the 80k offer. I tested my CSP referral link both yesterday and today, they are both generating 60k offers.

Message 6 of 8
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@randomguy1 I've been reading similar comments which is why I wanted to chime in so that folks don't apply from a referral link and then reply on previous actions from Chase to match it. 20k UR points is a lot to lose out on.
Message 7 of 8
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Loquat wrote:
@randomguy1I've been reading similar comments which is why I wanted to chime in so that folks don't apply from a referral link and then reply on previous actions from Chase to match it. 20k UR points is a lot to lose out on.

Definitely. Agree. Either hold of a few weeks for the referral link or only use the 80k. That's what I'm doing with the P2 after our mortgage closes. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.