cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will anyone approve with open unpaid collection on report?

tag
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Re: Will anyone approve with open unpaid collection on report?

I've gotten Cap One, Citi and Discover with a collection of about 1000 that is updated monthly. APRs were in the 20s and SLs have gotten better with time. Mind you the collection is about four or five years old.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 11 of 13
BH1985
Regular Contributor

I’ve been approved for the following cards with two to three unpaid collections and a sub-700 score:

-Amex Every Day $4K SL (7-10 day message, immediate recon - April 2018)

-Amex Blue Cash EveryDay $4K SL (immediate approval same day after other Amex approval - April 2018)

-Barclays Uber Visa $500 SL (7-10 day message, recon - May 2018)

-Capital One Platinum $500 SL (immediate approval - December 2017)

Discover It $1.8K SL (preapproval offer via mail, immediate approval - December 2018)

That is every single credit card I currently own. I canceled my only previous card two months ago, a Credit One that I had since October 2016.

Keep in mind, however, that two of the three collections in question were medical and five to six years old. The other was originally a 2011 Cap One chargeoff that went to Portfolio Recovery and has since fallen off, although they continue to call me from a different number several times a week and I never pick up.

FYI, I still have an open medical collection on TU, and two on both EQ and EX. In spite of this, Capital One has increased my limit to $1,100 (2 CLI), Discover has increased my limit to $2,900 (3 CLI), and the Amex cards now sit at $10k and $5k (one CLI) after a relocation of limits.

I hope that helps!
Message 12 of 13
BH1985
Regular Contributor

I’ve been approved for the following cards with two to three unpaid collections and a sub-700 score:

-Amex Every Day $4K SL (7-10 day message, immediate recon - April 2018)

-Amex Blue Cash EveryDay $4K SL (immediate approval same day after other Amex approval - April 2018)

-Barclays Uber Visa $500 SL (7-10 day message, recon - May 2018)

-Capital One Platinum $500 SL (immediate approval - December 2017, PC to Quicksilver in April)

Discover It $1.8K SL (preapproval offer via mail, immediate approval - December 2018)

That is every single credit card I currently own. I canceled my only previous card two months ago, a Credit One that I had since October 2016.

Keep in mind, however, that two of the three collections in question were medical and five to six years old. The other was originally a 2011 Cap One chargeoff that went to Portfolio Recovery and has since fallen off, although they continue to call me from a different number several times a week and I never pick up.

FYI, I still have an open medical collection on TU, and two on both EQ and EX. In spite of this, Capital One has increased my limit to $1,100 (2 CLI), Discover has increased my limit to $2,900 (3 CLI), and the Amex cards now sit at $10k and $5k (one CLI) after a relocation of limits.

I hope that helps!
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.