Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will it be considered late?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will it be considered late?

So I signed into my Express account today to pay my bill and on the account summary page it said "minimum amount due: $0" "current balance: $81.34". I clicked on the tab to pay the amount due and it said "payment due date: 12/11/12. I never recieved a bill in the mail or an email from them saying my bill was due. I never signed up for paperless statements also. Will it be considered late being that its only 3 days? Also would it help to call them tomarro morning and haggle with them over it?     

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will it be considered late?

From what you wrote, you didn't have a payment due on 12/11. Apparently, your current balance was charged after the last statement cut off and won't be due until approximately 1/11/13.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 2 of 11
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@OhioCPA wrote:

From what you wrote, you didn't have a payment due on 12/11. Apparently, your current balance was charged after the last statement cut off and won't be due until approximately 1/11/13.

^^^^This

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 11
Jutz
Valued Contributor

@OhioCPA wrote:

+1

But now that that's settled, stay awhile!  We have fun here, welcome to the forums.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 4 of 11
paparoach429
Established Member

Wheeeew! I just wanted to make sure. Thanks guys. Im a member of another credit card forum but its alot smaller. (Ive read just about every thread they have). lol I came across this one and loved the amount of threads to keep me busy. Ive posted another thread so far. Hopefully you guys can help me out with that one, its titles "What to do next"? Take care fellas!

Message 5 of 11
djrez4
Established Contributor

We're not good enough for you over there?  Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 11
distantarray
Established Contributor

even if you were legitimately late Amex has a grace period before it gets reported late, remember late payments are defined as 30 days past the due date. so if it was due on the 11th it wouldn't be considered 30 days late til next month 10-11th depending if the month had 31 days or not etc.  but they can charge you a late fee + penalty apr indefinately, but you should be paying off your balances in full so doesn't really matter. I would just send extra $20-25 payment as soon as possible just to make sure. some cards say $0 minimum payments due because it's in a 0% intro for purchases, but I rather be safe than sorry. The credit industry is rarely forgiving if you make a mistake.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 7 of 11
paparoach429
Established Member

Ofcoure you guys are. Ive learned ALOT from that forum but I cant keep reading the same threads everyday! lol

Message 8 of 11
paparoach429
Established Member

I did pay it in full and I had been checking every single day on their website to see when my payment was due and it had never popped up until I actually hit the tab to pay it. then it just said "payment due date: 12/11/12   Payment Due $0"  I had just never seen that before so I wasnt sure.

Message 9 of 11
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@paparoach429 wrote:

I did pay it in full and I had been checking every single day on their website to see when my payment was due and it had never popped up until I actually hit the tab to pay it. then it just said "payment due date: 12/11/12   Payment Due $0"  I had just never seen that before so I wasnt sure.

So you are also dkajs, the OP? Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.