Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will they cancel my Best Buy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will they cancel my Best Buy?

I was looking at a Plasma TV. For grins I applied for the Best Buy card. Got the maxed out $750 teir card. I had no use for that so I walked out of the store. Still, I like electronics and I'd like to keep the card for the day I may have that "impulse" to make an immediate purchase. Yet, I don't really see that happening.
If I don't use the card, will Best Buy/HSBC cancel my card for none use in 6 months or a year?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Will they cancel my Best Buy?

They may cancel at the 12 mo for non-usage.  Pop in every once in a while to buy a cd or a bottle or coke or a ream of paper.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC is notorious for closing on the third month with no useage. I don't know if they would differentiate with the BB store card or not, but I know I'm not taking that change. whenever I'm not in the process of paying it off, I make sure I go in ever other month and make a purchase, even if it's just a bottle of soda.
Message 3 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Just make a purchase and charge it and then return it in a week or so. That would create activity on the card.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

COOL! A new 50 inch plasma every two weeks.

concorduser wrote:
Just make a purchase and charge it and then return it in a week or so. That would create activity on the card.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyway, I don't suppose it would really matter if they did close it.
Message 6 of 11
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

If i was you, iwould keep that account open. Think about it, u already took the hit from the inquiry plus you lowered your average account history. As long it's not costing you money then keep it open.

Just like the others are saying buy a pack of gum,soda etc.. to keep the account active.

I work for best buy and i've seen so many people getting ready to make a major purchase but find out that there account was so close due to non-activity and they have to reapply.

Hopes this helps
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
COOL! A new 50 inch plasma every two weeks.

@Red1Blue wrote:

I wouldn't do that, cause then you'd have to pay for the restocking fee! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

woopah wrote:

I wouldn't do that, cause then you'd have to pay for the restocking fee! Smiley Happy

Oh yeah. That could cost a couple grand a month alone. LOL. I still wouldn't make a point of going to Best Buy once a month to buy a soda. Ya can't get a CLI with the "teir" card I have. I guess if I wanted to get Best Buys "Zero Percent Interest for 6 months" offer I'd have to let them drop me then re-aply.
One day, not too many more months down the road I won't carry any such rediculous accounts.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad I seen this thread. I got the card in I think Feb because I needed a new computer.I got the balance back to zero by the due date and haven't used it since. I guess I can go and buy some blank dvds
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.