cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this affect my Amex 3x CLI chances?

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Will this affect my Amex 3x CLI chances?

Hi!

I am planning to apply for Amex BCP anytime tonight/tomorrow now!

Besides that card, I am planning to apply for Chase Freedom immediately after, if I get approved for Amex.

Because I am applying for 2 cards within a very short period of time, will this affect my chances of getting 3x CLI from Amex?
Will this negatively affect my Chase or any other accounts I currently already have as well after everything is reported to the CRAs?

I know I am jumping the gun a little, but I was hoping to do as much homework and preparation so I can be prepared for what's coming.

Thanks!!!!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

Re: Will this affect my Amex 3x CLI chances?

I opened up 10 accts in a 30 day timespan. I think you should be fine.

Message 2 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I think you'll be fine..
I opened a Discover the exact same day I opened Amex!
:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

ah i see. thanks a lot!

so when u applied for 3x cli, it got approved instantly as well?

is there anything "special" that anyone has to do to qualify? or just the same few basic stuff: paying in full, low utilization, etc.

Thanks!

Now off to pray I get approved for AMEX.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 11
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

I got the Amex along with 2 other cards at the same time and was still approved for the full 3x, but of course, YMMV. 

Heres the thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide-Discussion-Thread/m-p/...

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 5 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

that post helps a lot!

thanks a lot

one last quick question, how do u check which companies made soft pulls on u? Is there a monitoring service where I can keep monitoring that?

Thanks!

Message 6 of 11
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

There are a few ways, but the easiest free way for me personally is through annualcreditreport.com. There you can get a full copy of your credit report once a year from each of the three major bureaus. I pull Experian one month, then Equifax 4 months later, then Transunion 4 months after that. Rinse, repeat. 

For Experian, if you write down your report number you can access an updated copy of your report every day for the next 90 days. Just go back to Experian.com and click "view report again" at the bottom of the page. Then enter the report number and your info. 

Of course, you will only see the SPs that are done through that bureau, but I have found Amex to SP Experian for my account. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 7 of 11
Open123
Super Contributor

From what I've seen from Amex, Chase, Citi and most lenders on opening accounts.

1.  3-4 accounts within short period (2 or months) is fine.  This alone will not lead to any AA.

2.  5-7 accounts will raise more alarm, reviews, and they begin to scrutinize more.  For a thick file, this is easily absorbed (especially with Amex backdating as part of the apps).  

3.  8-11 accounts will bring a high risk of AA

4.  12+ accounts will almost assurendly bring AA from some issuers.

This is assuming all of the above is opened in a "short" period, such as within a month or two.

Message 8 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

thank you all so much!

Message 9 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Hi!

I am planning to apply for Amex BCP anytime tonight/tomorrow now!

Besides that card, I am planning to apply for Chase Freedom immediately after, if I get approved for Amex.

Because I am applying for 2 cards within a very short period of time, will this affect my chances of getting 3x CLI from Amex?
Will this negatively affect my Chase or any other accounts I currently already have as well after everything is reported to the CRAs?

I know I am jumping the gun a little, but I was hoping to do as much homework and preparation so I can be prepared for what's coming.

Thanks!!!!

Nah, you should be fine!!

Fingers crossed for you for your next 2 apps!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.