Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this hurt my score?

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Will this hurt my score?

So August/September was very busy for me...slowing down now...I FORGOT to pay my Citi Hilton CC missed the due date by 5 days paid that off and any new charges yesterday...today they charged a $20.00 late fee and $4.00 interest....which I just paid off now....Will this late hurt my score.....it actually is the FIRST late charge I have ever had.....35+ years of paying CC on time.....if so how bad will it hit my score...you all are so knowledgeable on these things so I figured I would ask.....thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jason7613
Established Member

Re: Will this hurt my score?

I don't think it will since usually companies only report after 30 days of missed payment. Now what I would do is call them to verify that it will show up as a good payment and not late, just to be sure
Message 2 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@jason7613 wrote:
I don't think it will since usually companies only report after 30 days of missed payment. Now what I would do is call them to verify that it will show up as a good payment and not late, just to be sure

RIght,usually 30 days late is needed to be reported to the CRA.  But certainly phone.  And also see if they plan to invoke a penalty APR, which some do after a single missed payment.   If they do, you could plead your case about being a good customer, especially is many of those 35 years are with them.   They may also be willing to remove the late payment if this is the first time (I got Cap one to do that)

Message 3 of 5
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@jason7613 wrote:

RIght,usually 30 days late is needed to be reported to the CRA.  But certainly phone.  And also see if they plan to invoke a penalty APR, which some do after a single missed payment.   If they do, you could plead your case about being a good customer, especially is many of those 35 years are with them.   They may also be willing to remove the late payment if this is the first time (I got Cap one to do that)

I like the way you think lurker will call them....did not even think about the apr...altough i USUALLY PIF...except when I forget!!!  LOL

Message 4 of 5
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

well called no rise in the apr BUT they are still charging interest (eventhough they already charged $4.00) the CSR said I will still get another charge for interest...WOW is this normal?  LOL NEVER gonna be late again!!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.