cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this work? (Amex and Chase Slate)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will this work? (Amex and Chase Slate)

@Anonymous wrote:

I was thinking of ways to help my credit cards.  I need a new MacBook Pro.  The machines cost $2000 now-a-days.  I will charge it to my Amex Gold to help meet usage requirements for the bonus points which I must do in 3 months.  Since the Amex Gold is a charge card and must be paid-in-full each month, I will transfer the balance of the card to my Chase Slate which has a 0% APR and no balance transfer fee.  Then I will pay it off before it posts to the CRA's.  This will help me get CLI on the Slate.  For those who know about these cards, will this work? Both cards are new to me.

This should work - as a matter of fact - dont call AMEX.. just check your spending power online or on your phone app to see if it'll be approved. Once it says it will be approved, that's usually good for 5 days unless you make another purchase before so. Balance Transfer could take upto 2 weeks to process, so the day you purchase your Mac Book, you might want to go ahead and submit the request to your Slate. (I did the same thing)... if your AMEX gold is new... this is pretty good way to have a good limit setup for your charge cards, your initial limit fluctuates until they know your spending habit within 6 months, so starting it high will most definitely give you a good average for your 6 months! Good luck! AMEX if you treat them well - they are sooooo great to have!

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was thinking of ways to help my credit cards.  I need a new MacBook Pro.  The machines cost $2000 now-a-days.  I will charge it to my Amex Gold to help meet usage requirements for the bonus points which I must do in 3 months.  Since the Amex Gold is a charge card and must be paid-in-full each month, I will transfer the balance of the card to my Chase Slate which has a 0% APR and no balance transfer fee.  Then I will pay it off before it posts to the CRA's.  This will help me get CLI on the Slate.  For those who know about these cards, will this work? Both cards are new to me.

This should work - as a matter of fact - dont call AMEX.. just check your spending power online or on your phone app to see if it'll be approved. Once it says it will be approved, that's usually good for 5 days unless you make another purchase before so. Balance Transfer could take upto 2 weeks to process, so the day you purchase your Mac Book, you might want to go ahead and submit the request to your Slate. (I did the same thing)... if your AMEX gold is new... this is pretty good way to have a good limit setup for your charge cards, your initial limit fluctuates until they know your spending habit within 6 months, so starting it high will most definitely give you a good average for your 6 months! Good luck! AMEX if you treat them well - they are sooooo great to have!

Wonderful and Thanks!!!!

Message 12 of 13
gardini51
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I did a balance transfer from my citi double cash to my Chase Freedom in Dec. I initiated the balance transfer on 12/22 and it posted on 12/28 to my Chase account and paid on my Citi account on 12/29. Hopefully this information helps you out.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.