Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will we be eligible for Aviator bonus?

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Will we be eligible for Aviator bonus?

I have both the Citi and Barclays AA cards. Having both has proven to be fruitful for me. Citi gave me an additional 50K for having the card and opening a checking account. Barclays gave me an additional 15K for additional spend. Total bonus miles between cards 165,000. 

I was considering dropping one and thought Citi was the way to go since Barclays wasn't taking new apps. Then I heard the news that both Barclays and Citi were awarded AA contract renewal. 

For those of us that technically applied for the USAirways Dividends card (which was later converted to Aviator) I'm curious if we'll be eligible for any sign up bonus once the new round of Aviator apps start. Assumption here is that there will be a bonus offered to sign up.

Your thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will we be eligible for Aviator bonus?

When will Barclay's AA app go live?
Message 2 of 7
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

According to American airlines website they will begin January 2017 offering applications exclusively at airports and on flights. 

I've also read here that it may be sooner online. But that I don't know for sure.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My guess is that you'll be eligible for any bonus on the Aviator once it reopens for apps.  Barclays doesn't have any once in a lifetime bonus rule so there's no reason that you can get it again.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh applying at the airport does ring a bell from a previous article I read.
Message 5 of 7
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My guess is that you'll be eligible for any bonus on the Aviator once it reopens for apps.  Barclays doesn't have any once in a lifetime bonus rule so there's no reason that you can get it again.

I agree with Irish. The Arrival+ has been a target for many years for bonus chasers due to this.

I currently have the no-AF Aviator (White) WEMC that I am quite happy with, so I'll only be hoping that there won't be any language for those who currently have a card from the Aviator family. 

Message 6 of 7
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Sharingan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree with Irish. The Arrival+ has been a target for many years for bonus chasers due to this.

I currently have the no-AF Aviator (White) WEMC, so I'll only be hoping that there won't be any language for those who currently have a card from the Aviator family. 

They may no be enforcing it (I don't know) but it's definitely in their fine print for Arrival+:

"40,000 bonus miles are earned if you use your new Credit Card Account for $3,000 in Net Purchases within ninety (90) days of your Credit Card Account being opened. If you make an eligible retail purchase transaction, you will also receive your two (2) miles for each one dollar ($1.00) of all Net Purchases made using your Card. This onetime 40,000 miles bonus offer is valid for first-time Cardmembers with new accounts only. Existing Cardmembers and existing accounts are not eligible for this offer. This is a limited time offer and may be cancelled at any time without notice."

Now, they may consider US Airways to be a different card from Aviator - I have no idea. I'm just saying they do have some language on Arrival+ that could hinder churners, should they choose to enforce it.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.