Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

William Sonoma Visa

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

William Sonoma Visa

NOT that I am looking mind you, but is that part of the "shopping cart trick"? I was on last night and after I plugged in my address a pop up came up for the VISA card...it said apply BUT did not say pre-approved....I have been on the site before and never got the pop up for applying for their VISA card....I assume it would be a hard pull??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: William Sonoma Visa

Hey odd_dog!
The shopping cart trick typically applies to vendors that use Comentiy Bank as the backer of their CCs. The Sonoma CC is backed by Barclays. I'm guessing that it's not a pre-approval using a SP to your CRs but more of an ad to get you to apply. If you do intend to apply for this offer- expect a HP to your TU report. Barclays HPs for everything unless it's an Auto CLI. Smiley Happy. That's my best guess in answer to your question and hope this helps.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 2 of 6
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Thanks that does help improvingmycredit (I love your tag sounds like a website improvingmycredit.com!!!) I went back and looked that it was a Barclay card and yes it did not say pre-approved so probably just an ad....I will not leave the garden, for fear certain people would lock me up if I apped again!!  LOL

thanks again great answer, and helpful about the Comentiy bank, I think they are the ones backing my BillMeLater account.

Message 3 of 6
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

lol- thanks! If I could change my name- I would. Try typing it on a smartphone over and over again. Smiley Tongue
You have a great set of cards with great limits. Well done! I was worried about Comentiy taking over BML because I like having the hidden tradeline. So far so good- they haven't reported to the CRAs yet.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 4 of 6
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:
lol- thanks! If I could change my name- I would. Try typing it on a smartphone over and over again. Smiley Tongue
You have a great set of cards with great limits. Well done! I was worried about Comentiy taking over BML because I like having the hidden tradeline. So far so good- they haven't reported to the CRAs yet.

I have not seen anything on BML on my reports either (fingers crossed). Thanks it took me almost 30 years to get here and that was learning about cc on the STREET!!  LOL Thanks to all on this forum I am getting better at understanding this all, I must say I do notice the more you stay with a cc company (bank) the more they "love" you. Noticing all the "churners" that just want points or bonuses and then wonder why banks sometimes deny them. If your with a bank long enough they will do pretty much anything for you.....YMMV but that is what I have noticed.....

Message 5 of 6
Molly_1

I was recently approved for Barclay apple financing. While I was looking through the other cards they offer, I also received the popup on Williams-Sonoma. I thought it was an ad, so thought nothing else of it. A few weeks later I received an offer of credit from Williams-Sonoma in the mail. I took a chance and applied and it wasn't instant... I assume because I was recently approved for the apple card.

A few days later I received the email I was approved but it was only for 250.00. I am still happy to have received 2 cards from Barclay. My apple finance card was approved early oct of this year for 1700 and Williams-Sonoma early nov for 250. I received one hard pull on TU for the apple card. I did not receive another pull for Williams-Sonoma. My score was 662 walmart fico. So.... You might receive an offer in the mail, as I did.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.