Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Williams-Sonoma Visa moving to Comenity from Barclays

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Williams-Sonoma Visa moving to Comenity from Barclays

I noticed on my recent WS statement the following:  On 9/9/16, your Williams-Sonoma Visa® Card account will be sold to Comenity Bank. If you are enrolled in paperless statements, a copy of your last statement from Barclaycard will be sent via U.S. mail. Starting 9/9/16, you will no longer be able to access your account at barclaycardus.com. Prior to 9/9/16, download and save any billing statements you want to keep for your records. You will receive more information in the mail from Comenity Bank regarding your new account. This will include information about how to make future payments. Your current Barclaycard credit card will stop working on 9/12/16. Please be sure to update any recurring bill pay services (like gyms, utilities, etc.) with your new Comenity account information.

I'm sort of torn about this. This was my only Barclays account, and they have been very generous with me.  I don't have any VS or MC with Comenity, but do have some store cards.  Are they as generous with CLIs on these as they are with the store cards?  How often can you ask for a CLI on a Visa?   I'm guessing not every thirty days like with the store cards.  I never asked for a CLI with Barclays because my understanding was that they would be HP, but hopefully it will be SP on Comenity.  

Can anyone with a Comenity Visa or MC shed some light?  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Williams-Sonoma Visa moving to Comenity from Barclays

Comenity does allow you to request a CLI and unless you have a check box on your page saying they can pull your credit, its going to be a soft pull. Usually with their Visa/Mastercards you have to wait either 4,6 or 9 months before they give you a CLI. 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info.  I was actually at the 6 month mark today since my last CLI from Barclays.  I was hoping to get another bump, but given that they are transferring to Comenity, I doubt that's going to happen.  I wonder how soon I can ask Comenity for a CLI.  

Message 3 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

Comenity does allow you to request a CLI and unless you have a check box on your page saying they can pull your credit, its going to be a soft pull. Usually with their Visa/Mastercards you have to wait either 4,6 or 9 months before they give you a CLI. 

+1 to a "T".

Those who suffered from consistent barbarism with barclays evading increasing your W-S credit line, Comenity will make your life just a little easier with that.

And with a SP when eligible.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:  I just logged into my Barclays account and they gave me an auto CLI of $3K, even though they are selling my account to Comenity.  I thought it was a weird move, but I'll take it.  Thanks Barclays!  

Message 5 of 12
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I don't have the card but this nay be a great chance to get a big CLI from Barclay right before they sell the portfolio to Comenity!  

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wondering if they are going to offer a store charge. Rumor was they will no longer offer the Visa and only offer a store card going forward.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm wondering if they are going to offer a store charge. Rumor was they will no longer offer the Visa and only offer a store card going forward.

It's very possible that they will phase out new Visa accounts in favor of a store-only card, but Comenity actually has lots of retail cards that offer either a store card or a MC/Visa based on credit worthiness.  

Message 8 of 12
MJ-san
Frequent Contributor

DH just got a fat envelope from Comenity. Last day to use the BarclayCard WS Visa is 9/12. New Comenity WS Visa will arrive early Sept and be usable starting. 9/11. Barclay online service for account will stop on the 9/8. All existing Ts&Cs will remain with one exception- they added an arbitration clause.
Message 9 of 12
LightBright
Established Member

I received my Visa today, same color card (if you were upgraded to black) with the addition of California added under William-Sonoma.

Everything looks good thus far, I'm all activated and ready.

I like the new rewards structure.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.