Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wings Financial Credit Card — Payment Adventures

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wings Financial Credit Card — Payment Adventures

Backstory

I needed to make a couple of different payments to my new Wings Visa. My goal was to get my utilization down to 10% before my next statement closing date on Nov. 29. 

Timeline:

*BT from Discover to Wings on 11/17
*Made external transfer as a payment from my two local credit unions. One for $300. 208.00. on 11/17
*$208 clears and posts to my Wings credit card on 11/18. 
*The $300 never posts. 

So after several phone calls, I'm reminded external payments can take three business days to post. Today was that to day post and it did not. 

So, I was instructed to call their credit support service department to get more specialized assistance. 800-692-2274. Option 8, extension 8300, option 2.

Critical Note:

If you have Wings Cc product, and you make an external payment, TAKE A SCREEN SHOT FOR EVIDENCE. Their system does not track pending payments and once you navigate away from their "Successful Transfer" screen, it's gone forever!  You can't see it and they can't pull it up on their end. This is the 2nd time that I've had to produce a screen shot that proved I made a CC payment. 

So they discovered that the transfer failed. They wanted me to go through the whole process again. But with the holidays, there's no way it could post before my closing date. 

Ah ha! The magic solution. They can take payments by phone. The Visa Payments Department handles this and your payments will post within 24 hours. 1866-820-3955

Golden Nugget of Knowledge

After taking my payment he read a disclosure which informed me that if I had made any payments within the last 24 hours, this new payment would override the other one.

So another aha!  That is what most likely happened. I went back and checked both screen shots my payments and their screen shot time stamps. I made the $300 payment first and minutes later made a payment for $208. The second payment deleted the first one.

there was absolutely no warning about this. This knowledge would have saved everyone a lot of time and trouble.  

Just posting to help save someone else the headache. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Wings Financial Credit Card — Payment Adventures

Thank you for sharing 

That does seem like a clunky way to make payments 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update

The $300 payment finally posted to my cc account. Now that I've transferred $750 from my Discover card, that balance is now down to a 12% utilization. The new bal is $950 and some change. I can divert $750 to this account in December to get most of this balance down. Then I can take my time paying the remainder just so long as the bal is wiped out by next Aug. when the 0% APR expires.

Come January I can then easily pay of the $750 with 0% APR on my Wings account before that promo expires next October. I only transferred that amount so my utization would not be greater than 10%. After that, I can start excellerating the payments on my  medical and IRS debt. If everything goes well, my credit score of 715 should have no trouble going up. I need it to be 740 and higher so I can get the top loan rates. Need that to happen as I will be applying for a personal loan to make some much need home repairs and updates next summer. 

then when I turn 62 next October, I can take out a reverse mortgage. Pay off the personal loan and be totally debt free (well except for my car payment) by this time next year. 

Prayers up for me that this can happen so I can really start saving for retirement.

Message 4 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update

The $300 payment finally posted to my cc account. Now that I've transferred $750 from my Discover card, that balance is now down to a 12% utilization. The new bal is $950 and some change. I can divert $750 to this account in November to get most of this balance down. Then I can take my time paying the remainder just so long as the bal is wiped out by next Aug. when the 0% APR expires.

Come January I can then easily pay of the $750 with 0% APR on my Wings account before that promo expires next October. After that, I can start excellerating the payments on my  medical and IRS debt. If everything goes well, my credit score of 715 should have no trouble going up. I need it to be 740 and higher so I can get the top loan rates. Need that to happen as I will be applying for a personal loan to make some much need home repairs and updates next summer. 

then when I turn 62 next October, I can take out a reverse mortgage. Pay off the personal loan and be totally debt free (well except for my car payment) by this time next year. 

Prayers up for me that this can happen so I can really start saving for retirement.

Sounds like you have a good plan to tackle all this, it will happen. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.