cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't be getting Venture sign up bonus???

tag
blessed-man1980
Contributor

Re: Won't be getting Venture sign up bonus???

How can I redeem these miles . Can I buy a ticket from any website and be able to redeem ? A bit confused 

Message 51 of 55
northface28
Established Contributor

@blessed-man1980 wrote:

How can I redeem these miles . Can I buy a ticket from any website and be able to redeem ? A bit confused 

No, Cap1 will scam you and nickel and dime you and tell you the miles are worthless. Smiley Indifferent

Now, seriously, you purchase a flight from any airliner of your choice and use your miles as a redemption vehicle to "erase the purchase". On a side note, I had the $20,000 bonus miles on reserve for a flight I booked in April. I was not aware that Barclays only lets you redeem in increments of 2500 miles. Luckily, in my opinion, Cap1 lets you redeem all your miles not matter how "one off" the amount may be.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 52 of 55
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@northface28 wrote:

@blessed-man1980 wrote:

No, Cap1 will scam you and nickel and dime you and tell you the miles are worthless. Smiley Indifferent

Now, seriously, you purchase a flight from any airliner of your choice and use your miles as a redemption vehicle to "erase the purchase". On a side note, I had the $20,000 bonus miles on reserve for a flight I booked in April. I was not aware that Barclays only lets you redeem in increments of 2500 miles. Luckily, in my opinion, Cap1 lets you redeem all your miles not matter how "one off" the amount may be.

I didn't know that either.  Non of the travel blogs I saw mentioned that small detail.  Now, beginning to think Chase travel cRds better.  Hard choice.

Signature needs updating
Message 53 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it.

Message 54 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Got it.

That's great! Smiley Happy

Message 55 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.