Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wondering About Justice FCU

tag
jaybird201
Established Contributor

Wondering About Justice FCU

any good/bad experiences? i'm setting up an account there and am wondering if i should transfer over all of my accounts.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: Wondering About Justice FCU

Stay with NFCU

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

if (as cobra seems to indicate) you have Navy it is significantly better capitalized than Justice. anecdotal reports also indicate that Justice can be rather disorganized and quirky and has sometimes been viewed as a relatively 'high maintenance' lender among popular CUs.

http://www.bauerfinancial.com/btc_ratings.asp

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 7
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

A friend of mine was rate jacked by JFCU back in January.  He went from 9.9 to 29.9 with no trace of any late payments.  Had the option to not accept but couldn't use the card.  He opted out, paid off the balance and SD'd the card.  He recently called for an AR reduction and was told "No Way" because of the current credit climate.  They haven't closed the acct. but it will turn to dust before he uses it again.

Just say NO to JFCU . . . . Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
jaybird201
Established Contributor

Hmm, thanks for the advice all. And I think you're right Cobra, I'll just stick with Navy Federal.

Thought I'd celebrate my eligibility with a new account there and maybe a new app...though I should probably just stay on the straight and narrow and stick with what I've got. Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

JFCU rate jacked by 20%?  I find them to be an oustanding CU.  YMMV.
Message 6 of 7
orl2185
Established Contributor

@Itsmeagain wrote:

A friend of mine was rate jacked by JFCU back in January.  He went from 9.9 to 29.9 with no trace of any late payments.  Had the option to not accept but couldn't use the card.  He opted out, paid off the balance and SD'd the card.  He recently called for an AR reduction and was told "No Way" because of the current credit climate.  They haven't closed the acct. but it will turn to dust before he uses it again.

Just say NO to JFCU . . . . Smiley Very Happy

Wow, thats odd!!! I get the mailings and, one thing bout them..  it clearly states they won't change rates on any loans w/o notifying you beforehand.

I will assume he was aware or the RJ.

Justicefcu RAWKS Bigtime.. I also like Navy.. but JFCU gives me cli w/o hard pulls as compared to Navyfcu.

BTW, Nasafcu gives me 1k cli every year as well w/o hard pulls.

Message Edited by orl2185 on 05-21-2009 05:31 PM
Message Edited by orl2185 on 05-21-2009 05:31 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.