cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woo! Free bags w/o using JetBlue card...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woo! Free bags w/o using JetBlue card...

So I know this question has popped up from time to time regarding free bags with the JetBlue Plus card, so I figured I'd throw a DP out there while I'm waiting for my flight.

JB T&C states that fare must be purchased with the JB Plus card and FF# attached to booking to get one free bag for cardholder and 3 companions. There have been many stories of success in getting the free bags w/o purchasing fare with the card.

We booked our flights in June (FF# attached) and I didn't pick up the JB Plus until last month. I was fully prepared to pay for checking bags and figured that if the stories of the free bags panned out, it would just be a nice bonus.

Well, no charge for 4 checked bags (5 travelling but only bringing 4 bags) today and looks like a $240 "savings" round trip just for the cost of a $99 AF.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Woo! Free bags w/o using JetBlue card...

Nice! I know with Delta the perk is just attached to your SkyMiles account and I have never purchased airfare with a Delta card. Assuming it is probably working the same way.
Message 2 of 4
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Pretty cool! I was wondering why our upcoming itinerary said 1 free checked bag for DW and me. I actually got the tickets through Chase's UR travel site and even used URs to pay for them (no transfer). She only got the JB business card a couple of weeks prior to getting the tickets.

I guess we also got the AF back without even knowing Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

One other thing I noticed. When I was checking in online the day before the flight I saw that it said no charge for checked bag and decided to play around a little. As I added a bag for each person the total cost stayed at $0. Even when I added a bag for DD (whose stuff was packed with ours) the cost still remained at $0. That would have been the 5th bag and it still showed no charge. T&C state only 4 free bags total. I did give myself a second bag at one point and the total jumped to $40 so I know the site was working.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.