Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working on APR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Working on APR

I now have my limits to a point which is more than ample for me.  So it's time to start working on the other major factor.  APR.

I was able to chat with Discover who reduced my APR from 23.24% to 18.49%.  Super happy about that, and it starts in two days when the next statement posts.  Fine by me, Discover's at $0 this month.

Also chatted with Capital One who offered to reduce me from 23.15% to 20.15% for 7 months, but after that it would return to 23.15%.  I declined it, and now I don't know if I did the right thing.  Should I have done it, or should I be firm on the quest for a better rate?  I'm thinking if I took it I would not be eligible again for some time if something better did come about.

As it is I PIF every month, so I could care less if APR was 5% or 500%; it's more an ego thing I suppose.  I know the baddie on my credit is going to be there for the next 3 years so there is a bit of a ceiling in what I can get, but any "attaboy" I can get really helps along the path.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.