Did you mean: 

World Elite MasterCard Upgrade?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: World Elite MasterCard Upgrade?

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They told me it was but not onine.  Only over the phone.  I know it will be an hp, so I'm going to wait.  I want both my Citi DP & Citi DC upgraded.  I would give it a shot if you don't mnd the hp.  Smiley Wink

A HP for an upgrade? That sounds mighty suspicious to me. 

It was an upgrade and I was also trying to double my cl.  Since I got the DC, I'm going to wait.  I have a handful that need better limits but need to wait until some other inq's fall off.

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They told me it was but not onine.  Only over the phone.  I know it will be an hp, so I'm going to wait.  I want both my Citi DP & Citi DC upgraded.  I would give it a shot if you don't mnd the hp.  Smiley Wink

A HP for an upgrade? That sounds mighty suspicious to me. 

Sandi - which CC upgrade would result in HP?  AFAIK, that's not common practice for a PC.

True.  But I wanted more.  So they said it had to be an hp.  Said I'll wait a bit longer.  They will give decent cli's but I wanted to double it.

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@go_FICO_self wrote:

OP, if you can convert your apple card to arrival+, those cards come standard as world elite. although, I would suggest apping straight up for the arrival+ for the bonus points.

I'm an AU on that card and my mom's the Primary. I asked her to contact CSR and try to PC to the Arrival+. While they're still accepting PCs to the Arrival+, the CSR said they can't do it for the card that we have because it's a Financing Card and that she should just apply for the Arrival+ Card if we wanted it. Any thoughts? Is there any way to still change that card?

Thanks so much for the responses everyone!

Message 23 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@kimjks2003 wrote:

Is it possible to get a World MasterCard upgraded to a World Elite MasterCard?

It's possible but whether or not a WEMC is offered for your World MC depends on the product.  Contact your creditor to verify.

@Luscher wrote:
You will most likely never use the services offered

Usefulness of the features and benefits varies from person to person.  You can't just assume.

While you cannot assume, you can make reasonable guesses, just like we do with most other advice.   As mxp114 points out, airfare discounts are off full-price fairs, and similar things with many of other features.    This is also partly common sense:   WEMC are not that hard to get, and who would be paying to support say huge airline discounts on a free or cheap AF card.

If benefits are easily, cheaply and widely available, they are probably not amazing!

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.