Valued Contributor

Re: World MC with 1k limit ?!Is citi

"World" MC without NPSL = "Mundo" MC

Message 11 of 23
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Oh $1000 is pretty high for a World MasterCard. You can get a World Elite MasterCard as low as $200 with Capital One and Barclays Bank Smiley Happy

Mxp does your discover really have a Chip? Also you edited your Venture card as well as your CSP right?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 12 of 23
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

Oh $1000 is pretty high for a World MasterCard. You can get a World Elite MasterCard as low as $200 with Capital One and Barclays Bank Smiley Happy

Mxp does your discover really have a Chip? Also you edited your Venture card as well as your CSP right?

If you call Discover they will mail you out a chip version of your card.

Message 13 of 23
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

If you call Discover they will mail you out a chip version of your card.

Thanks for the info I didnt know about this..

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 14 of 23
mxp114
Valued Contributor

yes discover has a chip and those cards aren't edited? Well the only thing I did to the chase is I added the Visa Signature logo but I guess I should remove it since they're all visa signature now anyway lol

Message 15 of 23
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:
"World" MC without NPSL = "Mundo" MC

Welcome to the 5/3 Cash Rewards WMC.......

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

As far as that list, the only really useful thing I see is roadside assistance.  Most of the rest are warranties or price protections which are nice to have but are always going to be a total PITA to actually use/redeem/whatever (all warranties are). It's nice to get a discount on airport concierge, although it's nothing I would care to use, I don't really need help to get on a plane lol.

The number two benefit on that list has nothing to do with WMC though. It's the benefits of a few specific cards. The Arrival+ offers 2% on all purchases...that's not really a WMC benefit, it's just a benefit of that card period.

Of course it's nice to have an "upgrade" to a WMC especially since it's free. My Sallie Mae is a WMC. It's just dubious how many of the benefits people are actually going to use. I just never understood the fascination with niche benefits that are nothing useful for day to day living (except for heavy travellers perhaps).

Validation.

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

don't feel bad. i applied for a citi double cash card and only got a 6k limit. all my other cards have limits north of 20k....

Message 18 of 23
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Citi DC World MC is my lowest limit.  I'm going to get around to closing it eventually.  I request a CLI every single month and I have NEVER gotten one.  I'm getting sick and tired of Citi!!

Message 19 of 23
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the tip on Double cash. Did not realize they gave out low limits.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.