Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World MasterCard VS Visa Signature

tag
saggy1
Established Member

World MasterCard VS Visa Signature

Any differences really? Which one would you prefer and why?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: World MasterCard VS Visa Signature

I think Visa Signature generally has better benefits than World MasterCard, but it can vary by card.  From what I can tell, the Visa Sig and World MC Chase Sapphire Preferred are pretty much identical in terms of side benefits.  I opted for a MC version so I could use it at Sam's Club.

Message 2 of 17
saggy1
Established Member

My csp is MC too. Never had an MC though. That is why I applied. There was no real good reason behind it.

Message 3 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@saggy1 wrote:

My csp is MC too. Never had an MC though. That is why I applied. There was no real good reason behind it.

World elite mastercard is more on par with visa sig. but in world MC vs visa sig visa sig would win from what I've read on here. 

Message 4 of 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

They're mostly similar, but world mastercard is inferior to visa signature because it's missing a couple of key benefits. The most noticeable one is 24/7 concierge, which the signature has but the world mc does not. The world elite mastercard is better than visa signature for extra benefits such as access to virtuoso and a huge assortment of travel-related benefits. In short world elite > signature > world. You can read about the world elite benefits here http://www.mastercard.us/credit-card-world-elite.html
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's interesting, in the paperwork with my Sapphire card it says I have access to a concierge service by calling 1-800-MC-ASSIST, which is the number for MasterCard's.  But, the card is clearly a World MasterCard, not World Elite.  I haven't used it yet, but it seems atleast some regular World MasterCards have access to the concierge.

Message 6 of 17
saggy1
Established Member

My "benefits" guide clearly states 24/7 concierge too. I have the MC CSP as well.

Message 7 of 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's interesting, in the paperwork with my Sapphire card it says I have access to a concierge service by calling 1-800-MC-ASSIST, which is the number for MasterCard's.  But, the card is clearly a World MasterCard, not World Elite.  I haven't used it yet, but it seems atleast some regular World MasterCards have access to the concierge.

I could be wrong then. I know world mc has stuff like master assist and mastertravel plus, but those aren't the same as your traditional concierge that deal special requests. Maybe world mc added it too? I'm really not sure.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on the MasterCard website, concierge doesn't seem to be a standard benefit for the World MasterCard.  I'm not sure, but I'd wager that it's not standard for all World MasterCards, but can be added on for certain ones.

Has anyone here ever used the MasterCard concierge?  I see a lot of comparisons between Visa and Amex concierge, but MC's is rarely mentioned, is it in the same league?

Message 9 of 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Based on the MasterCard website, concierge doesn't seem to be a standard benefit for the World MasterCard.  I'm not sure, but I'd wager that it's not standard for all World MasterCards, but can be added on for certain ones.

Has anyone here ever used the MasterCard concierge?  I see a lot of comparisons between Visa and Amex concierge, but MC's is rarely mentioned, is it in the same league?

+1. it might be something specifically for your CSP. If you're Chase, it's hard to offer 2 versions of the same product if one is noticeably inferior. Perhaps they added this to make it so that CSP mc holders weren't missing out on something? I've used the visa concierge twice and they've been immensely helpful. I'm curious about peoples experiences as well. Also has anyone had experience using the JPM concierge?
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.