Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Mastercard CSP - hidden benefits?

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

World Mastercard CSP - hidden benefits?

I was reading on the thread about Chase Freedom Visa Signature and someone mentioned benefits that I've heard of but don't know how to utilize them on my Chase Sapphire Preferred World Mastercard.

Some of the benefits that was mentioned were: 

1. access to luxury hotel collection.
  2. sometimes get upgrades on hotel rooms, rental cars, etc.
  3.  concierge

I'm sure there are other benefits so please list them. I already use the concierge. I would I use the other benefits?

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: World Mastercard CSP - hidden benefits?

Visa signture or Visa Infinite (worldwide term) has great perks, personally I wouldn't trade it for World on a CSP. If you have a freedom change that instead imo. If you want a world mastercard apply for a Citi Dividend cause you can change that to a world ELITE mastercard for even more benefits with no annual fee.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 5
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

I believe World has less benefits than Signature. But I believe Chase Sapphire Preferred added additional benefits so it's equal to Signature.

I just got the CSP, so I don't think I can switch yet. I don't think I would qualify for World Elite anyways.

This thread is more about how to take advantage of the benefits that is not as widely talked about, like the ones that I listed.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 3 of 5
distantarray
Established Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

I believe World has less benefits than Signature. But I believe Chase Sapphire Preferred added additional benefits so it's equal to Signature.

I just got the CSP, so I don't think I can switch yet. I don't think I would qualify for World Elite anyways.

This thread is more about how to take advantage of the benefits that is not as widely talked about, like the ones that I listed.

yea in anycase CSP is a buffed  up the card, so in anycase I think CSP is the one you should keep as Visa Signiture. If your going to test out things I would recommend using another card =)   that's why I said Freedom card. but Citi Dividend is like a Freedom or Discover not that hard to get, people been able to get the card switched to World Elite for some reason without much issues. I'm tempted but i'll wait til the end of my next app spree.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 5
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Could you apply directly for Citi Dividend Select World Elite? All I see on their site is their Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa.

I did call CSP line yesterday and the rep said I have an option to switch to Visa Signature.

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.