Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Mastercard?

tag
jm1991
Regular Contributor

Re: World Mastercard?

thanks, ill contact them. if they do have an upgrade,  do you know if they pull my credit? 

Marriott Premier SV: $8,500 Amex blue sky: $24,000 BoA BBR: $3,900 BoA Cash Rewards: $9,100 Ritz Carlton: $5,000 Discover: $5,000
MyFico Score:752
Message 21 of 45
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I think the differences is basically the benefits. Im not sure whats different between WMC and WEMC but dont both offer concierge like Visa? I also know has the tiers go up from plat so do the card swipe fees. Like WMC is 2%? and WEMC is 2.25% or something along those lines. Not sure what Visa and Visa Siggy is. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 22 of 45
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jm1991 wrote:

thanks, ill contact them. if they do have an upgrade,  do you know if they pull my credit? 

No, there will not be any credit pull for the upgrade.  The only time BoA pulls your CR is when you reallocate limits between cards or request a CLI.  It's a pretty seamless process.  Let us know the outcome.

Message 23 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 24 of 45
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I really, really wouldn't concern yourself over it. The benefits of a WMC or Visa Sig are so niche, you are super unlikely to use them.

Honestly, it's more marketing than anything. Yes, there are more benefits but very little that the average person would even use.

It has always puzzled me why people get so hype about it, and will continue to puzzle me. Calling the EO, requesting special conversions to ensure a WMC/Sig, doing this and that, all to obtain something with such little difference to its "normal" counterpart -- I just don't get it.

Message 25 of 45
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I really, really wouldn't concern yourself over it. The benefits of a WMC or Visa Sig are so niche, you are super unlikely to use them.

Honestly, it's more marketing than anything. Yes, there are more benefits but very little that the average person would even use.

It has always puzzled me why people get so hype about it, and will continue to puzzle me. Calling the EO, requesting special conversions to ensure a WMC/Sig, doing this and that, all to obtain something with such little difference to its "normal" counterpart -- I just don't get it.

IMO unless you do travel a lot, i think its more for looks. Personally i like the way VS and WEMC looks. I also think its more of a class thing if that makes sense like a way to show off. Even though im guessing theres many people that dont even know what Signature means etc. I know my grandparents dont and thats all they have. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 26 of 45
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The Visa Signature logo is nicer looking, I'll give you that. It's just nothing I would spend lots of time trying to convert my card to - but to each their own Smiley Happy

The WMC is just an orange MC logo with "world" above it, so it doesn't look any nicer. The silver World Elite mastercard logo is nice, but again, nothing I'd waste  time worrying about trying to get (unless of course, the card you want is by default a WEMC, then go for it...)

Message 27 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe all WEMC cards are travel-related cards with annual fees with the exception of one. I forgot which card that was though. Been trying to convert my Citi Double Cash WMC to WEMC but everyone I speak to thinks I'm trying to PC. Might see if it's possible for my Sallie Mae card just for kicks. 

Message 28 of 45
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe all WEMC cards are travel-related cards with annual fees with the exception of one. I forgot which card that was though. Been trying to convert my Citi Double Cash WMC to WEMC but everyone I speak to thinks I'm trying to PC. Might see if it's possible for my Sallie Mae card just for kicks. 

Another resurrected thread Smiley Indifferent  The Saks WEMC comes with no AF and no FTFs - decent travel benefits plus other added perks.  The Citi Dividend WEMC (only available to current cardholders) is another card that comes with no AF.  AFAIK, the Citi Double Cash is currently not available in WEMC, just Platinum MC and WMC.

ETA: Sallie Mae is not available in WEMC, only Platinum and WMC.

Message 29 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently working on getting QS converted to WMC
Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.