Did you mean: 

World Mastercard?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: World Mastercard?

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe all WEMC cards are travel-related cards with annual fees with the exception of one. I forgot which card that was though. Been trying to convert my Citi Double Cash WMC to WEMC but everyone I speak to thinks I'm trying to PC. Might see if it's possible for my Sallie Mae card just for kicks. 

Another resurrected thread Smiley Indifferent  The Saks WEMC comes with no AF and no FTFs - decent travel benefits plus other added perks.  The Citi Dividend WEMC (only available to current cardholders) is another card that comes with no AF.  AFAIK, the Citi Double Cash is currently not available in WEMC, just Platinum MC and WMC.

ETA: Sallie Mae is not available in WEMC, only Platinum and WMC.

+2 Right on.

Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to me that CapOne assumed WEMC cards when they bought HSBC Credit Card
Its same logo but still operates as seperate bank
When BoA took over MBNA it took several years for them to operate as one
I think this is similar case

Message 42 of 45
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

I just returned a call to the EO. My WEMC was originally an Orchard Bank Gold with a 300 CL and a 59 AF, with the 75 application fee. Both of which were refunded when Cap one took it over.

Nov 2013 it was converted to QS1 39.00 AF and 1000 limit.

May 2014 5k limit

1/28/15 upgraded to WEMC with a 20k limit.

I burned Cap 1 in 2008.  never repaid them. But since getting this card PC'd I have stood by them.   Have they made a dime  of interest off me? NEVER 

I gave Capital One the chance to up my limit before I took the offer from Chase for a Freedom.

Am I probably going to close out my 29 partially secured 750 card next week? Yes. it is turning 3 in a few days and not worth it anymore and I think it might be holding me back. 

The other 750 is my husbands old Orchard Bank. Never went the EO route with his card.   EO says I should just have him call in directly to get that upgraded to a Venture because that is what is showing on his account for available upgrades.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 43 of 45
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I agree Capital One can be a headache, but I don't think some other lenders are headache free either!

Let's face it: to get most substantial things done, you have to call the EO. Whether it's Chase, Citi, BOA, Capital One -- you usually can't get results from the frontline CSRs unless you are simply asking a basic question. APR reductions, moving lines around, anything outside of rudimentary info, you call the EO -- not just with Capital One. I just feel like they get a bad rap sometimes. They deserve it for some reasons, but I don't find them any more of a headache to deal with than anyone else.

As far as growth, at least Capital One does give CLIs over time. Maybe not as much as you want, but they give them. They also do reduce APR sometimes. Chase does neither of the two, at least not often. So it can be argued that Chase cards do not grow with you, either.

Message 44 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

No FTF on any C1 is still a good draw I think.

It's probably the one thing that's going to get me to try and PC my Platinum to a QS when the AF comes due in about three months, rather than just cancelling the card outright. Plus it's also my oldest card since I cancelled my Merrick secured.

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.