Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WorldPerks Visa Signature vs. WorldPerks Visa Platinum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WorldPerks Visa Signature vs. WorldPerks Visa Platinum

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two cards?  Thanks.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WorldPerks Visa Signature vs. WorldPerks Visa Platinum

larinda wrote:

Signature has no preset spending limit, meaning you can go over your CL and not be penalized.  The catch is that you can't revolve the portion of your balance that is over the CL.  That part must be PIFfed by the next statement's due date.

As a result of the no preset spending limit, Signature Visa cards do not report CL to the CRAs, which can seriously mess up your utilization calculations.  It's a serious PITA, and many posters here who got the Signature ended up regretting it because of the CL reporting issues.

The Platinum is a standard CC with a regular CL, so it doesn't have these problems.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help.  I'm just now learning the difference between all these CC.  I currently have the Visa Signature but noticed online that the Visa Plat had a lower AF ($90 vs. $55).  Would they change my Signature to a Platinum, if so would this hurt my scores?  The Visa Signature is my oldest card. 
Message 3 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the help. I'm just now learning the difference between all these CC. I currently have the Visa Signature but noticed online that the Visa Plat had a lower AF ($90 vs. $55). Would they change my Signature to a Platinum, if so would this hurt my scores? The Visa Signature is my oldest card.

Which bank issues these --is it Citi?

BofA has several cards with the same terminology, but they do report. Very confusing! Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

larinda wrote:
Thanks for the help.  I'm just now learning the difference between all these CC.  I currently have the Visa Signature but noticed online that the Visa Plat had a lower AF ($90 vs. $55).  Would they change my Signature to a Platinum, if so would this hurt my scores?  The Visa Signature is my oldest card. 

Signature cards usually come with higher annual fee and APR.  Most will let you change over to a different product. I know Chase will with the Freedom card.

Make sure when you do, you let them know you want to keep the history. That would be the only reason I can think of for your scores to drop. IF they refuse to switch products and keep the history, then I wouldn't do it.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the help. I'm just now learning the difference between all these CC. I currently have the Visa Signature but noticed online that the Visa Plat had a lower AF ($90 vs. $55). Would they change my Signature to a Platinum, if so would this hurt my scores? The Visa Signature is my oldest card.

Which bank issues these --is it Citi?

BofA has several cards with the same terminology, but they do report. Very confusing! Smiley Tongue

I googled WorldPerks, and they're issued by U.S. Bank.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it's US Bank.  I just don't think I get enough benefit from having the Signature to justify the $90 fee.  Not if I can have the Plat for $55.  The formula for getting reward points is the same.  I will definilty have to find out if my history will stay with me before the change though.

I can't believe how little I knew before I started reading these forums!
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also noticed that USBANK now offers a couple different WorldPerks DEBIT cards!  They both have annual fees and you receive airline miles I think.

I thought it was kinda cool for people who couldn't qualify for the regular credit card, you can still get rewards with the debit card.  Not sure how they compare to the credit card though.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

larinda wrote:
Yes, it's US Bank.  I just don't think I get enough benefit from having the Signature to justify the $90 fee.  Not if I can have the Plat for $55.  The formula for getting reward points is the same.  I will definilty have to find out if my history will stay with me before the change though.

I can't believe how little I knew before I started reading these forums!

I'm confused online the Platinum has a Signature Logo on it also? Only one is Signature correct ? the other is just Platinum. I Disagree I think the extra $35 a year are way woth it to the Concierge that comes along with the Signature card. The first time bonus is compleltey worth the extra $35.00 you get 5,000 more miles.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

larinda wrote:

Very Simple one you Signature Benfits the other is Just a Visa Card. The extrea $35,00 a year to me is way worth the price. Signature you can redeeem travel for 19,000 it's a discounted rate you get to save 3,000 more miles.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.